Not Charging

/ Not Charging
I forget what I paid at Rock Auto?

I have had no trouble since replacing my Alternator and Regular though. Ran about three gallons of fuel through the tractor last weekend and this week, bush hogging my fields and disking the garden under where I had corn and pumpkins and water melons planted.

/ Not Charging #122  
Picked up the autostore alternator for the 1973 Datsun 1200 1.2L turbo. Err ah, my Yanmar tractor. :)

That Altima actually is the Mitsubishi 35A brand. Fits and works great!

20220826_164839 - Copy.jpg

20220826_164935 - Copy.jpg

20220826_190351 - Copy.jpg

And the new VR-550 in solid state is now in there too!

20220826_175336 - Copy.jpg

/ Not Charging
Picked up the autostore alternator for the 1973 Datsun 1200 1.2L turbo. Err ah, my Yanmar tractor. :)

That Altima actually is the Mitsubishi 35A brand. Fits and works great!

View attachment 760043

View attachment 760046

View attachment 760047

And the new VR-550 in solid state is now in there too!

View attachment 760048
Did you have to swap pulleys? I had to as there was a good bit of difference in them.
Also was this a rebuilt? Reason I ask is that it's not going to be a Mitsubishi anymore, just the china guts in a Mitsubishi case.

When I worked in auto parts our reman suits might say anything. It was our house brand but they would say Delco, Denso, Motorcraft, or aftermarket brand...just whatever case was in the pile that they used. They obviously would usually match the OE supplier for the application but that MotorCraft alternator was no way rebuilt by Ford or a Ford parts supplier!

/ Not Charging #124  
   / Not Charging #126  
Did you have to swap pulleys? I had to as there was a good bit of difference in them.
Also was this a rebuilt? Reason I ask is that it's not going to be a Mitsubishi anymore, just the china guts in a Mitsubishi case.

When I worked in auto parts our reman suits might say anything. It was our house brand but they would say Delco, Denso, Motorcraft, or aftermarket brand...just whatever case was in the pile that they used. They obviously would usually match the OE supplier for the application but that MotorCraft alternator was no way rebuilt by Ford or a Ford parts supplier!
It was pluG-n-play, nothing to swap nor move around. A perfect fit for mounting, pulley and all wire connections.

I took the old Hitachi unit in as a $15 core. Everything matched 100%.

Last edited:
   / Not Charging #127  
It was plu-n-play, nothing to swap nor move around. A perfect fit for mounting, pulley and all wire connections.

I took the old Hitachi unit in a a $15 core. Everything matched 100%.
That was my experience too. There was a trivial difference in pulley diameter, not so much that it needed a different belt. NBD.

It's been in use without issues since 2004.