Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine?

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine?
Re: Now what's wrong with my Robin engine?

That'sa big difference! I wonder how it will start when the temps start dropping?

Time will tell. I am about to order the Katz's hot pad to be on the safe side. The Mrs tells me we are in for a cold snowy winter(I hope she's wrong)!

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #43  
If they can read the voltage that is probably a good test. Better than I can do. Running on one cylinder is pretty good test. Thanks for the info. Very interesting.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #44  
Check coil resistance with an ohmeter. Primary .5 to 1.5 ohms, secondary 7 to 15K ohms.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #45  
Check coil resistance with an ohmeter. Primary .5 to 1.5 ohms, secondary 7 to 15K ohms.

That is a test, but it only applies a very low voltage. It is much more accurate to test at thousands of volts. They can behave very differently at different voltages. If there is a breakdown in the insulation if may not show up at a few volts, and yet disable the coil at a few thousands. Yes the Ohm meter can find some failures, but not all. I had a coil that created a good spark while cranking, but failed in a few seconds of running. It can also behave erratically. The best test is usually to test in operation, comparing a known good device to the suspect device.