Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine?

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #31  
I noticed a big difference when I changed one coil.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #32  
I noticed a big difference when I changed one coil. How old are your old coils? I would not reuse if more than say five years old. It can be hard to tell if a coil is bad in a tester.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #33  
Wow!
Sounds like you modded and got your tractor all up and running. Gives me encouragement so when i have to dig back into things for repair or modding. I've got to reroute my shut off valve too. Could you post a picture?

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine?
I'll try to get a pic later today but essentially I used a 3' hose and ran from the tank outlet towards the front of the tractor and looped it around the pump to run to the filter at the back of the tub. The shut off is now in front of the gas tank and easily accessible once the lid is lifted.

I took some pics so you may as well see them anyways. The first one is the gas tank connection and the second shows the route I took.

Attachments

• Gas tank connection.jpg
    Gas tank connection.jpg
    887.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Shut off routing.jpg
    Shut off routing.jpg
    699.3 KB · Views: 80
Yea Bob, I don't think this tractor ever ran this good! I expected easier starting in cold weather with the better coils but it seems to have a bit more power and certainly runs smoother. The coils are 13 yrs old so I'm not expecting much good from the tests.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #39  
I would be interested in what test he is doing on them. I tested mine and it tested OK with a spark tester.

I don't know what was used to conduct the test but I was told both were bad. Apparently they are rated at 12k volts and they were only doing 2k?

She is running sooooo good right now. This and the side exhaust fan/Robin manifold mod are the best 2 things I've done with my 422.