Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine?

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #21  
Here is one. Hard to see, but the cut goes all the way across. IMG_5160.JPG

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #22  
Looking at my Kohler setup with the variable volume pump ahead of the engine and the PTO pumps behind the engine, I have a stub shaft PTO on the blower cover side of the mower that powers the variable volume pump just like yours. I’d have to pull the gas tank, and move the VVP forward to get enough room to slide the blower housing out over the stub shaft far enough to get to my ignition coils as well. Bummer. If it ever comes to that, I’ll look at cutting the housing as well.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine?
Thanks Bob for the pic. Spoke to Terry at PT yesterday and he agrees it's probably a bad coil. Since this engine is to the rear with all pumps in front he advised me to just loosen the pumps(or remove?) the pumps and raise the engine just enough to get at the coils. Seems I'll only need a few inches and have access once the shroud is removed? Going to cut the shroud before reinstalling. I'm hoping this is only a couple of hours work instead of the 6+ that I've read about for others...weather is just too nice out to spend all day in the garage!

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #24  
You might be able to get away with just removing the engine mounts and lifting the whole works up enough to get at the coils. That's what i did to replace the starter motor.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #25  
You need to get two sets of feeler gauges to set the coil to rotor gap. I set the first one back several years ago with one and it is way off. I tried to adjust it when I replaced the second coil, but the screws did not want to come out. Since it appeared to be working fine I left it alone.

I must admit that I'm a little lost on setting the coil gap. I guess it will make more sense once I get into things.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #27  
I think there's a coil in the flywheel. And then there's your two ignition coils, one for each spark plug. Those two coils have to sit within +/- X distance of the coil on the flywheel. As the flywheel spins, it creates current in the ignition coils. Too big a gap, little-to-no spark. Too small a gap, your coils grind together like a lathe.

/ Now what's wronmg with my Robin engine? #29  
That about where mine are. The gap was 12 to 20 thousands.

Since it bugs me that sometimes(too often) the user never posts the results...here's what happened.
FIXED!!!!!!!!!

I've read some posts that seem to indicate that this was a 1 man job...maybe, but not for me! With an extra set of hands both coils are replaced, engine oil/filter, hydraulic filter change and re-route of fuel line to make the shut off valve more accessible, new fuel filter, engine cowl cut for easier access if/when needed took the 2 of us just over 3 hours. This was after I removed everything that needed to be removed and rigged up a block & tackle to pull the engine up. It's been a long time since she ran this good. I suspect I've been running with coil(s) going downhill for too long! I ran it cutting grass for about 1.5 hours and later ran it again with the bucket for about 45 minutes...except for me forgetting to open the fuel shut off at the 2nd start everything went great.

My friend is going to have the old coils checked and maybe one of them will be good enough for a spare in the future. This was an eye opener for me but it all makes sense now....I'm much better at spreadsheets :)

Thanks to all for the help here....much appreciated!