NX5510 Hydaulics

/ NX5510 Hydaulics #1  

todd92

Silver Member
Tractor
Case Farmall 75A, Kioti NX5510HST, Kioti CK3510SEHC, Farmall M, MF GC2310 TLB
Kioti lists the pump at 17 GPM. I'm about to order a Wicked Root Grapple and a 3rd Function Loader kit. The 3rd function kit states that I need the upgrade kit for pumps pver 15 GPM. Does my pump actually pump over 15 GPM and do I need this upgrade? Also, should I get the 66" or 72" Grapple?

/ NX5510 Hydaulics #2  
On the NX, as all Kiotis, there are 2 pumps, one for the power steering, one for everything else (implement pump). The listed gpm is total flow of both pumps, but in the service manual the specific gpms for each pump are listed. I would guess that the PS pump puts out about 4gpm, and the implement pump (which powers the loader hydraulics) runs about 13gpm. I'd say you're probably OK without the upgrade, but I know it's been discussed here before and someone with actual expertise will be able to give you a definite answer.

On 66 vs 72, the loader will lift both, It's really a matter of personal preference. How wide can do you want, and are there any width restrictions. Price may play a role too. Others may be able to tell you what they use.

/ NX5510 Hydaulics #3  
There has been some talk about the implement flow on these a little while back and the flow is around 10 gpm , sense I was buying a new valve anyway and the flow numbers I was finding at the time were real close to max flow of a do3 valve and no more cost difference I purchased the do5 valve. I know of a few that have the do3 and have not reported any issues and a few that are using the bigger do5 with no reported issues so far. You should be able to double check with your service dealer and double check the flow rate. As for the grapple width I have a 66 on my 5510 and have been very happy with it. It really depends on what your planning on using it for, and if your using it in tight areas I think, don't think you'll be disappointed with either.

/ NX5510 Hydaulics
Thanks, going with the 66", not getting the over 15 gpm upgrade for the 3rd function. I can't believe the farm hand has been loading branches on to a wagon by hand and unloading it to the burn pile by hand, forever. I've got better things for him to be doing than all that manual labor! The orchard has been let go for several years and we've got a LOT of tree pruning to do for several years. It would be unmanageable without a grapple.