NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #81  
I don’t think anyone mentioned that!

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #82  
quick reply here. Did you happen to dial back the hyraulics knob under the seat?
The knob under the seat, also known as the most misunderstood control on a tractor, only adjusts the speed that the 3 pt drops, and if fully closed will lock the 3 pt in whatever position it is, however it will still let it go up until it reaches max height.

Other than that, it won't affect anything else on the tractor.

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #83  
Ran about 5 minutes. No flow seen in the filler port. I can detect pulsations through the return pipe.

Which filter would be the one most likely causing an issue, the hydraulic filter of the transmission filter? jjeff, unfortunately the filters are horizontal. I've never pre-filled before (not on the tractor OR my Kubota).

FWIW to help prime systems, always prefill all filters unless it is an upside-down canister filter (which are impossible to prefill). Anyway, your spin-on filters have a check valve to keep fluid from leaking out so whatever does leak out isn't going to be everything you prefilled the filters with. Use brake cleaner to clean up whatever leaks out while you spun the filter on.

Even upside-down filters are prefilled as I demonstrated on an oil change on my Payloader.

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change
FWIW to help prime systems, always prefill all filters unless it is an upside-down canister filter (which are impossible to prefill). Anyway, your spin-on filters have a check valve to keep fluid from leaking out so whatever does leak out isn't going to be everything you prefilled the filters with. Use brake cleaner to clean up whatever leaks out while you spun the filter on.

Even upside-down filters are prefilled as I demonstrated on an oil change on my Payloader.

Made zero difference for me. Interestingly Kioti makes no mention of it. Yeah, seems like common sense, but...

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change #85  
I am about to change filters on my 4710se and was just reading through some threads on here. OP never mentioned what fluid he was using or swapped to. The different fluid seemed to be the problem

/ NX5510 - No hydraulics after filter and fluid change
I am about to change filters on my 4710se and was just reading through some threads on here. OP never mentioned what fluid he was using or swapped to. The different fluid seemed to be the problem
I'm the OP and I sure DID mention it.

The ISSUE was: Cold temperatures. (filling/not filling filters had ZERO affect- AFWIW, Kioti's service manual doesn't even mention anything about it; note that this isn't my default stance)
The SOLUTION: Don't change fluid when it's cold out*; OR, change in a heated garage

I had a several-months-long project brewing in which I'd have my garage's work bay clogged up in which case I needed to do major maintenance on the tractor early. After four months the work bay is still tied up but I've been running my (up-to-date maintained) tractor (and with spring firing up the tractor is going to get busy).