Buying Advice % off MSRP what about freight?

/ % off MSRP what about freight? #1  

Zebrafive

Tractor
John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415
I am considering an MX8 RC mower. Should 10-15% off MSRP from build your own be what I pay? Or will there be a freight charge on top of that to the Dealership. I can pickup there. I know I will pay sales tax.

I want either the 3pt mount, semi mounted, or semi mounted with hydraulic offset. Think hydraulic offset is worth getting?

/ % off MSRP what about freight? #2  
I am considering an MX8 RC mower. Should 10-15% off MSRP from build your own be what I pay? Or will there be a freight charge on top of that to the Dealership. I can pickup there. I know I will pay sales tax.

I want either the 3pt mount, semi mounted, or semi mounted with hydraulic offset. Think hydraulic offset is worth getting?

I don't think I would spend much for the hydraulic offset unless you can readily see where it is going to help you. I would go for a semi mount imo.

The biggest issue with an MX8 that I see is the cost per foot goes up dramatically. I would have to consider an MX6 or MX7 since these simple RC's are much cheaper.

/ % off MSRP what about freight? #3  
the last shredder i bought i got a whisker under 15% the price.

/ % off MSRP what about freight? #4  
I'd go for the semi-mount MX-8.

A number of posts regarding the lag and heavy start up on the pto for the MX-7 due to the large blade size.

I'd think that with a 8' swath the tractor would be far enough from fence-lines, etc. that the hyd offset wouldn't be that much of an advantage... maybe if you were mowing some pretty small fields and alot of turning and crabbing, etc. it could be more useful.

If you're only buying the one implement - 15% would be a pretty good deal - IMO. Shipping would be part of the MSRP.

AKfish