Offset Rear Blade

/ Offset Rear Blade #1  

Bronco82

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
I have been looking and looking for an offset rear blade for quite a while with no luck on the used market. I mean the offset which is adjusted by pulling the pin up, rotating the whole rear assembly, and then putting the pin back in. I am well aware that a lot of of the rear blades have offset adjustments in the blade, in which you unbolt it, shift it over to the distance you desire, and then bolt the blade back in. I am also aware that the rear blades do tilt, to angle them, pulling materials in, or pushing it away.

Where I reside, we have an old railbed, which has been neglected for far too long, and it now has most of the rocks pushed to the side or the hump in the middle. I also have a 200 foot gravel driveway I maintain.

Goal is to get the blade out past the tires and able to pull the pushed aside gravel back into the tire tracks on the railbed, and to push snow away from the edge of my driveway.

Is the bolt and unbolting of the blade to adjust the offset THAT big of a pain in the butt, or is the discount in cost and increase in availability well worth it?

Thanks in advance you giant wealth of knowledge.

/ Offset Rear Blade #2  
I believe in the saying buy once cry once. So get the blade you want otherwise you'll always regret it. I found a used rhino 6 way and grabbed it. That was the model I was looking to buy anyway because it did everything I wanted. Finding it used was just luck. I've never regretted it.

Last edited:
   / Offset Rear Blade #3  
I was looking for the same features in a blade that you are. I lucked up and found a used Land Pride RB3784. I highly recommend it.

/ Offset Rear Blade #4  
Any type of offset blade will have lots of advantages over a fix blade.
As you are aware, the pulling a pin to adjust the blade position is a great time saver.
How often do you see yourself adjusting the offset? If it is a rare thing then the loosen a few bolts should not be a huge deal. If it is a frequent thing then wait to find the one you want.

/ Offset Rear Blade
Buy once and cry once. That is a great quote, and it does make sense. Thank you for that.

And time and convenience, for sure, the ability to just lift the pin out, turn it, and pin back in and done.

I actually don't PLAN on having to move the offset quite frequently, like not on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis by any means. But on a job by job basis, however often that occurs.

I suppose it comes down to, is what is my price for convenience, when I do need it.

/ Offset Rear Blade #7  
I have been looking and looking for an offset rear blade for quite a while with no luck on the used market. I mean the offset which is adjusted by pulling the pin up, rotating the whole rear assembly, and then putting the pin back in. I am well aware that a lot of of the rear blades have offset adjustments in the blade, in which you unbolt it, shift it over to the distance you desire, and then bolt the blade back in. I am also aware that the rear blades do tilt, to angle them, pulling materials in, or pushing it away.

Where I reside, we have an old railbed, which has been neglected for far too long, and it now has most of the rocks pushed to the side or the hump in the middle. I also have a 200 foot gravel driveway I maintain.

Goal is to get the blade out past the tires and able to pull the pushed aside gravel back into the tire tracks on the railbed, and to push snow away from the edge of my driveway.

Is the bolt and unbolting of the blade to adjust the offset THAT big of a pain in the butt, or is the discount in cost and increase in availability well worth it?

Thanks in advance you giant wealth of knowledge.
Take a look at the..... EA Deluxe Scrape Blade.
It is the most versatile and easy to use blade on the market.
It has every possible adjustment, and a major offset capability!

/ Offset Rear Blade #8  
Every major and many minor manufacturers make blades with angle, tilt and offset. Often not a huge volume seller, never at the low end of the pricing scale. Finding a used one the right size could be a challenge.

/ Offset Rear Blade #9  
I was all set to buy the EA deluxe scraper blade myself, but they replied to me recently that lead time was 12-15 weeks, and that was just a guess. Plenty of reports of people going close to double their estimated lead times on implement and attachment orders from them this summer. So I had to grab a cheaper, temporary used blade off FB-marketplace to make sure I have something before the snow hits. No offset for me.... for now.

/ Offset Rear Blade #10  
I was looking for the same features in a blade that you are. I lucked up and found a used Land Pride RB3784. I highly recommend it.
I have this same blade with hydraulic angle, very sturdy, haven't bent anything in 8 years! I highly recommend it also.