Offset Rear Blade

/ Offset Rear Blade #11  
I would highly recommend that whatever blade you initially buy,
that it have the tilt, angle and offset capabilities,
Also even if you do not intend to do so I would be sure that it has the ability to have
all of the operations performed hydraulically.
cylinders.jpg

I have the tilt and angle on hydraulics in this photo.

offset manual adjusters 1.jpg

The offset is still manual in this photo,
I do have another diverter valve and a cylinder that needs a bit of welding to add in to this unit.
With 2 diverter valves I will be able to control all three function using one tractor remote.
Just another "round toit".

/ Offset Rear Blade #12  
I would highly recommend that whatever blade you initially buy,
that it have the tilt, angle and offset capabilities,
Also even if you do not intend to do so I would be sure that it has the ability to have
all of the operations performed hydraulically.
View attachment 713373
I have the tilt and angle on hydraulics in this photo.

View attachment 713374
The offset is still manual in this photo,
I do have another diverter valve and a cylinder that needs a bit of welding to add in to this unit.
With 2 diverter valves I will be able to control all three function using one tractor remote.
Just another "round toit".
Very nice......but hydraulically operated, you are talking about a mucho expensive rear blade

/ Offset Rear Blade #13  
I have a Howse offset rear blade and I like it. It is a handy feature. That said if you find a good rear bade with a manual slider offset (loosening bolts) at a good price, buy it and treat yourself to a Milwaukee M18 heavy duty cordless impact wrench. Win - Win :)

/ Offset Rear Blade #14  
I have a Howse offset rear blade and I like it. It is a handy feature. That said if you find a good rear bade with a manual slider offset (loosening bolts) at a good price, buy it and treat yourself to a Milwaukee M18 heavy duty cordless impact wrench. Win - Win :)
The EA blade does not require any tools to offset, and does not need a gorilla to slide it.
I have a King Kutter 7' sliding offset blade.
Anybody want to buy it? I do not have a gorilla to include.

Last edited:
   / Offset Rear Blade #15  
A used Woods slider would be a dandy blade.

/ Offset Rear Blade #16  
The EA blade does not require any tools to offset, and does not need a gorilla to slide it.
I have a King Kutter 7' sliding offset blade.
Anybody want to buy it?
Exactly 2 posts after saying hydraulics on a scrape blade were expensive. Fact is, cost, convenience, economy and inexpedience are in the eye of the user.

/ Offset Rear Blade #17  
   / Offset Rear Blade #18  
I used a Ford 11 ft hydraulic adjusted blade that I picked up for $1100 at an equipment dispersal auction.
Then I let the farm have that blade (was worried that my new tractor might have trouble handling it) and swapped for a Deere manually adjusted blade for several several years,
now I have a 10 ft Allied I picked up for $500 and am adding the hydraulics to .

/ Offset Rear Blade #19  
It's not always possible to buy the implement you want. Sometimes you have to buy for the tractor and budget you have at the time.

I have a landscape rake and a grader blade I bought when I had a little 855 John Deere. They are too small for my 4310 but I have gotten plenty of use out of them. One day I may find some upgrades. As I do I will sell what I have. I'd be willing to bet I sell them for dang near what I paid new for them since prices have doubled.

My grader is a Kodiak brand offset with the slots. You loosen the bolts and slide it to one side or the other. With my current tractor it still doesn't really get outside my track. The pivot has worn to the extent I had to replace the pin with a bolt. If I want to rotate it I have to remove the bolt and nut then tighten them back down. I have had it loosen and slide out to the the extreme of the offset slot when I used it in a position other than straight on. I re-centered and leveled it the other day and tightened it with my 1" impact so maybe it will stay put. I don't recomend this model but if it's what you have you can grade a road with it. It's just going to take more time than it would with a better blade.

/ Offset Rear Blade #20  
I moved up to a Bush Hog 90-08, and it IS an 8 way blade...

It's built quilt quite heavy, and I got it for a good price because the dealer had set on it, for quite a while.

I'm with the "buy once, cry once" crowd...

SR