Oil Change intervals?

/ Oil Change intervals? #31  
I hate to go much over a year on things. I have a low use car and went quite a bit over a year once, car probably had 3000 miles between changes and it looked pretty black. If in doubt you can send in a sample for analysis but unless your tractor hold a lot of oil it’s probably more cost effective to change it.
I always do a oil analysis with Blackstone simply because it will alert me of any impending issues that may arise down the road.

/ Oil Change intervals? #32  
I use synthetic oil in everything because I need the cold weather starts of 0W or 5W. So my 75C requires an oil change every 600 hours. Actually one of the reasons I bought it was low maintenance cost. So I do not change the oil that frequently. Also oil changes are not what they used to be. On many modern tractors they are quite involved. Modern trucks also :mad:

My Kubota is 20 years old and has about 1000 hours. 2 hydraulic changes since the factory fill and 6 oil changes…

My 2021 75C has 250 hours and has had 1 hydraulic change and 1 oil change, although it is not required till 600. But I bought slightly used and the dealership didn’t use the correct fluids. So everything was changed to 0W-40 And CNH hytran was used to make sure it was correct.

/ Oil Change intervals? #33  
Your tractors are still new. I have 4000+ and 6000+ hours on mine and they run just like Kubota's should, like tops.

/ Oil Change intervals? #34  
Your tractors are still new. I have 4000+ and 6000+ hours on mine and they run just like Kubota's should, like tops.
With diesel being so expensive I have had to limit the use to essential tasks…. I am hoping the future holds diesel cost under $4/gallon This summer so I can catch up on tractor work with the 75C….

/ Oil Change intervals? #35  
I don't find diesel to be prohibitively expensive, fuel prices are directly related to the economy and here in Michigan I don't pay road use tax on my diesel anyway. Never paid even close to 4 bucks a gallon for off road ULSD but then I have it delivered and pumped into my 500 gallon bulk tank twice a year.

/ Oil Change intervals? #36  
Current diesel fuel prices here. (Western, Pa.)
On road fuel $4.59
Off road fuel $3.90

/ Oil Change intervals? #37  
I don't find diesel to be prohibitively expensive, fuel prices are directly related to the economy and here in Michigan I don't pay road use tax on my diesel anyway. Never paid even close to 4 bucks a gallon for off road ULSD but then I have it delivered and pumped into my 500 gallon bulk tank twice a year.
Don’t have many options here for delivery. And much else either. prices are stabilizing for off road, 1 pump within 50 miles, to around $4/gallon.

/ Oil Change intervals? #38  
Really cold days I put a work light with (don't tell Joe ***** or his EPA cronies) an incandescent bulb on the motor.

Was perusing Amazon and came across Rotella T6 in gallon jugs, 3 to a case, maybe 4 cheaper than Tractor Supply and free shipping. Just ordered 3 cases of it. Kind of wish they sold it in 2.5 gallon jugs but they don't and it's a Amazon direct not a 3rd party. Spring is the 2 Kubota M9's as well as my diesel truck.

/ Oil Change intervals? #39  
Don’t have many options here for delivery. And much else either. prices are stabilizing for off road, 1 pump within 50 miles, to around $4/gallon.
You can rent a tank from most any supplier or Peruse CL or Marketplace for old used heating oil tanks. Usually they are 250 gallon with all the bungs for fillers and pumps. How I started out and finally bought a 500 gallon tank for my supplier. Mine even has a spill retainer around it and I lease purchased it for 50 bucks a month long ago paid for. Still have the 250 as well. I store used motor oil in the 250 that I burn in the waste oil heater in the shop. problem is, I still have to rely on the propane a bit in the shop as I can go through 250 gallons if I want it toasty in the shop constantly.... and I do. Have to keep my 2 employees and myself warm.

Get yourself a 55 galon drum and put it in your truck and fill that as an alternative. You can install a hand pump and hose in the fill bung and pump fuel from it.

/ Oil Change intervals? #40  
Every 100 hours on engine oil and filter. 30 minutes max and maybe $25.
Over 6300 hours on my L2550DT. Beyond valve adjustment, no covers off my engine and runs strong.
Maintenance. Pay me now or pay me later.
I'm a 100 hour guy or once a year on mowers and tractors, whichever comes first. Cars 6k - 7k with full synthetic.

Hydro oil, whatever the manual says or a little sooner.