Oil question

/ Oil question
I got tired of not being able to find oil on the shelves of TSC and became an Amsoil dealer. Turns out the Rotella T5 I was running cost about the same as the Amsoil diesel oil.
Thanks for the reply. Being a dealer what oil would you recommend for my 1200 hr. 25 hp diesel? 👍🏻

/ Oil question #22  
Read the parts of the label that says "do not use in diesel engines made after 2009". "Use in modern engines may cause unsatisfactory performance or damage" After reading that... I would have put it back on the shelf

/ Oil question #24  
*R.T.F.M.*
He did, calls for CC which this oil covers. However I agree with the others that newer oil would be better.

OP do you have a costso near? Their HDEO is good stuff and cheap. I have a few UOA of it in my 6.7 ford and it comes back in good shape with 14k miles. Or supertech from walmart, delo, rotella all good oils. No need to get to crazy with expensive stuff. Those Daedong diesels don't need anything that special.

/ Oil question #25  
What are those ratings for? Lubrication ability or environmental spill issues?

/ Oil question #26  
What are those ratings for? Lubrication ability or environmental spill issues?
It's for lubrication standards. Wear, foaming, deposit control etc.
Here is a very long and dry read if you are interested.

And here is a spider web chart you can compare certs. Click on API and it will show the different categories

Last edited:
   / Oil question
Read the parts of the label that says "do not use in diesel engines made after 2009". "Use in modern engines may cause unsatisfactory performance or damage" After reading that... I would have put it back on the shelf
He did, calls for CC which this oil covers. However I agree with the others that newer oil would be better.

OP do you have a costso near? Their HDEO is good stuff and cheap. I have a few UOA of it in my 6.7 ford and it comes back in good shape with 14k miles. Or supertech from walmart, delo, rotella all good oils. No need to get to crazy with expensive stuff. Those Daedong diesels don't need anything that special.
Number15,
Thanks for standing up for me bro! I do have a Costco in the area, but they don't carry that type, but online they have it. Just ordered a case, great price and fast delivery 🚚. I'm going to change it out. I only have a couple of hours on it, what I didn't like was it is 30 wt,oh well! Thanks again brother.🇺🇦☮️✌🏻
5C565A15-075E-4EA9-822C-A63F17E95DD1.jpeg