Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #31  
Interesting. We have a pair of Hobart 190 Handlers and they get used for semi production welding and have been flawless. Only drawback I can see is the spool limitation. I would prefer a 50 pound wire spool versus the 10 pound maximum but both run flawlessly and have for 10 years now. Maybe they cheapened the up but ours are golden. Goof wet out and very stable arc. In fact nothing has ever been replaced on either except the gas nozzles, feed electrodes and one liner.

The drawback with the smaller spools is unfavorable smaller cast and excessive helix which wears out consumables much faster than 33 & 44# and the arc tends to move around a little. Feed is better as the sizes increase and is why we don't use spools on Robots. I still uses some 10# stuff from time to time without a lot of issues.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #32  
   / Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #33  
Been working on a project for a few weeks. Mig, then stick, then back, then stick. It is strange for the occasional welder to go back and forth. By the time I get good at something out of position, I'm practically done with it!

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #34  
Why you decoder fellows not set up test? Wish in 1 hand and in de other. Agree who gonna wish in which hand first. Den first guy wid full hand get back to us wid result.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #35  
Hahaha! No test or decoder needed. Pretty easy to translate that one - (removed) write pure BS!
Now back to our main purpose - helping others become better welders.

Last edited:
   / Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #37  
I'm dyslexic. :)

(removed) doesn't always come across well, but I'm learning from his posts in other threads.

After all is said, he has a sense of humor and thick skin. I admire that in a guy.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #38  
I am sure he does have a good sense of humor. And, he may be very knowledgeable. But, for someone who is just starting out, or looking to improve their skills, it must be very frustrating when you cannot decipher the language. I think that was the best thing about Carl in his posts - very easy to follow.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #39  
Point taken, but mine was that he's more understandable in how-to posts than this what-with exchange.

Don't always have to screen out rocks to get good sand elsewhere. That's all I meant.

Meanwhile, the OP is learning about us. :)

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #40  
Generation communication problem. Add in generation conditioning.

You figure out fellow who wrote de book you studied from only told you little as he could get paid fer writin you on de road to learnin.
How many dem paid for classes got to back of textbook?
You got conditioned to slide by.