Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig.
I’m still here, just enjoying the entertainment. If you see my other thread you may notice my buzz box skills are less than perfect.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #22  
I've been putting off taking a welding class at MCC for years.

Now that I have a machine that'll let me practice anything at home there are no classes available. :(

Until then, there's a reason I haven't shown any of my work. :rolleyes:

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #23  
I’m still here, just enjoying the entertainment. If you see my other thread you may notice my buzz box skills are less than perfect.

Your selling yourself short. I was thinking they looked great.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig.
Thanks. Ive been watching so much welding on YouTube like weld.com and their welds are picture perfect and i see so much room for improvement.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #25  
We're often told we can't practice too much. I'm a textbook case for poor coordination at half an arm's length and getting shakier with each decade.

A problem I've always had with 'stick' is to recognize the weld vs the flux puddle. Seeing purple and green among the red, orange, and yellow must be a 'me' thing, but it' makes things more difficult. :laughing: What I have to practice is feeding the rod in and maintaining a consistent arc.

My Miller CP 180 has a 'constant potential' feature (condition of the internal capacitor is important) to modulate current and maintain a steady arc. The IGBT multi-process has a 'synergic' function that does much the same. Neither is enough to make up for my .. uh .. ability.

I also can't hold a MIG torch very steadily with both hands or guide with one used as a rest. :( I'm ok with spots and tacks, but that's about it.

I kinda live for the day when I can weld as neatly with any process as the OP has shown in the other thread. :)

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #26  
Way back in 1960s James Lincoln made speach lamenting de shortage of real welders and turnover as dey went job to job for more money. He said time had come to learn to bend steel to save welds and minimize use of welds to necessary only. Also said Lincoln was starting road to building superior machines dat could produce welds wid little more den entry level men runnin dem.
We pretty much got der by de 90s an den bunch of kids wid engineer stamps went runnin wild creating things der little need for.

Den came de marketing people who gonna put a welding machine in every 'man cave'. It de IN thing, kegerator, car lift roller cabinet and welder not dat fellow who brings home pay for sitting in cell wid desk can change tire on his car, but he by god got de tools. Got laptop too so he can design welding bench. Dey want acorn table soon as dey can find an app on der watch shows dem what acorn good for.

Dey all sure no need for anything but MIG dialed in from laptop so dey can build welding bench and cart too. Got no d a m idea what goein on in de puddle, but dey golden arm in lunchroom at work. Dey gonna get Certified too soon as dey find right school.

OK, let me know how dat flys.

Weld is long made between ears of man wid torch or stinger before machine turns on and helmet comes down. Skill ain't learned in no book, and ain't a welder I know, man or woman gonna waste his time pourin it in some arrogant kid too good to get dirty. Double dat not showin to some welp gets offended when growled at. More good use of time watchin robots and seein what dey can do.

Now please do tell me how a machine other then resistance spot machine can melt zinc plated steel together widout melting de zinc. Beyond end to end butt on wire or rod I see no possible way.

Spray transfer not even in picture anyplace but production situation I see.

I don't know how you so consistently manage to put nearly unintelligible posts in some kind of ad hoc gibberish that contain zero information and, in fact, may cause people brain damage - but - you do it...

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #27  
Interesting. We have a pair of Hobart 190 Handlers and they get used for semi production welding and have been flawless. Only drawback I can see is the spool limitation. I would prefer a 50 pound wire spool versus the 10 pound maximum but both run flawlessly and have for 10 years now. Maybe they cheapened the up but ours are golden. Goof wet out and very stable arc. In fact nothing has ever been replaced on either except the gas nozzles, feed electrodes and one liner.

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #29  
Huh? :laughing: (maybe recreational cannabis is legal in more states than mine :confused:)

(removed), which robot welder do you recommend for 24 hr operation if I spread 24 hrs of welding over six years?

Just mention your pick at the end or your next history, future, or philosophical post/lesson/class. jon

/ Ok, lets spend some more money. Need to upgrade mig. #30  
I wish I still had my Captain Midnight magic decoder ring to make sense of ramblings by (removed).