One step closer to zero emission power equipment

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #11  
Don't forget or ignore the pollution when those batteries are created and when disposed off.
Not to even start factoring in the finite amount of minerals to provide the raw material for those fancy new fangled batteries.

It's pretty small compared to all the gasoline that isn't used. And of course oil is finite too.

Basically this argument is that if it's not perfect we can't do it, even if it's better than what we're doing now. Which is kind of silly. Nothing is perfect.

I get not liking the replacing oil with batteries thing. I'm not happy about it either. For example see the rest of my post that you deleted when you replied to it. But I'm trying to keep an open mind and follow the facts.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #12  
Sorry, but if CA votes these clowns into office decade after decade, well then they deserve what they get.

I'm running out of sympathy for them. Just don't bring that shizznit up here. We still run on common sense here.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #13  
   / One step closer to zero emission power equipment #14  
Its is reducing emissions. It's a lot easier to reduce emissions on X amount of power if it's made at a big plant than if it's generated at every house. Not only are large plants more efficient but the cost of the emissions gear is amortized over a lot of power. The power you get from the PoCo caused way fewer emissions than the same power coming from your home generator. That's not even including solar, of which there is a lot in CA.

Of course if the state would make PG&E actually maintain and update their equipment, there'd be way fewer outages and thus fewer home generators running. But our states' politicians haven't been able to do that for 40 years or more.

My concern is that the battery backup systems can't run for days on end, and even if PG&E maintained their lines properly we'd be getting outages that long. It's what happens when you're in steep mountains with big trees and lots of rain. The battery "generators" on the market now are no where near enough for that, and I don't think they will be by 2024. I also don't think that there will be big or even medium size battery chainsaws by then. They're pretty important unless you want to hire a $2500/day crew for every tree you need taken down, and don't make firewood. I don't think CARB is even aware people like us exist. I would not mind using battery everything if it worked for my needs but it doesn't yet.

I have a generator already, I can get another one before the deadline, and I can load up on good chainsaws. It'll be tough for newcomers who can't get that stuff because the rest of us won't be selling. Folks who have the money (and sunlight) for a solar and battery installation can do that but those aren't cheap....and if the power's out for days in a winter storm you're not going to get much solar power so you still need a generator

CA legislates for city folk. Too bad everyone outside the city gets screwed. I am all for battery powered tools, most of mine are these days. About the only gas powered tools I have left are chainsaws and a generator. At my altitude carburetors are a pain. I have to adjust them from 8600 to 9000 ft, which means I am adjusting them just about every time I go out to cut stuff. Battery has no such issue, but right now I dont have a viable option. I currently have a smaller Stihl and a Milwaukee battery Saw. They just wont last Long enough or cut big stuff.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #15  
The day a battery powered ZTR has a lifetime cost less than gas is the day I buy one, and that day is getting very close even with a purchase price thousands more. My blowers, trimmers, polesaw, and chainsaw are electric now and I’d never go back. If I never have to deal with the maintenance, noise, mess, and unreliability of another gas engine on a piece of power equipment it’ll be too soon.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment
Yep, California is a huge economy with lots of clout. Many of you out there when buying a new or newer vehicle, it needs to meet the CARB standard for your state- and you don't even live in CA.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #17  
My new BadBoy Mower...

BB_CA.jpg

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #18  
Sorry, but if CA votes these clowns into office decade after decade, well then they deserve what they get.

I'm running out of sympathy for them. Just don't bring that shizznit up here. We still run on common sense here.
Chill out...keep your shizznit kickers on... ;)

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #19  
Yep, California is a huge economy with lots of clout. Many of you out there when buying a new or newer vehicle, it needs to meet the CARB standard for your state- and you don't even live in CA.
Dude... walking into a Home Depot in California is known to cause cancer... 😳

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #20  
When they can tell me what battery powered chainsaw I can use my 36 inch bar on then I will be more receptive.