One step closer to zero emission power equipment

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #21  
The day a battery powered ZTR has a lifetime cost less than gas is the day I buy one, and that day is getting very close even with a purchase price thousands more. My blowers, trimmers, polesaw, and chainsaw are electric now and I’d never go back. If I never have to deal with the maintenance, noise, mess, and unreliability of another gas engine on a piece of power equipment it’ll be too soon.

Check this one out, https://egopowerplus.com/worththewait, there is a youtube video of a guy putting it through torture I would never think of trying and it kept on going with plenty of battery life left. I would have looked around to find one if I had know about them before I purchased the Exmark this year.

I am switching over to battery powered equipment as I replace simply because they are lighter and easier on my old back that has had one to many surgeries.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #22  
This , from a state that regularly runs out of power and does rolling brown outs. And there decommissioning in their last nuclear power plant soon.

they want elect cars, but tell people not to plug them in when power supplies are low. I really can’t see why the people don’t all flee that state…..wait, they are.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #23  
As far as California and carb I wish the rest of the states would just ignore all the crap.
They have managed to ruin so much for the rest of the country.
And to top it off with all of their power woes why in the heck haven't they built and major power plants in their area.
Buying up water and power from other states so they can sit back and brag on how "green" they are.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #24  
Don't forget or ignore the pollution when those batteries are created and when disposed off.
Not to even start factoring in the finite amount of minerals to provide the raw material for those fancy new fangled batteries.
I bet wars will be fought over the mining of those minerals and wooooweee, talk about a dirty polluting process. Lithium mines look like a Superfund cleanup site waiting to happen.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #25  
   / One step closer to zero emission power equipment #26  
Well, not the companies that LEFT the state of CA. Look at Nissan. Sure they got the Leaf, but it's more hybrid for all the rest of the vehicles.
That's the thing, California regulations apply to things sold in the state, not just those manufactured there. Companies don't want to make separate California editions because it is inefficient to do so. I appreciate that some try, but I wish more would just say no and refuse to sell there. Eventually, the state will collapse under it own weight, but it will take time and they will be propped up by the feds because they are big.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #27  
Ugh !!! Anything California mandates is usually lunacy in my book. Trucking companies have to have a few semi‘s loaded down with emission crap just to deliver in California. The wall needs to be built around California not the Mexican border. I miss the days when you didn’t have to put corn in your gas tank, thank you Al Gore.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #28  
What would you expect from a state that just said women products have to be put in the boys washrooms in schools. I am truly glad I am old. I can not amagine being 18 nowadays with the future they have with the nut bars running the country

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #29  
California moves toward ban on gas lawnmowers and leaf blowers California sales ban in 2024 for much of the OPE market. Battery trimmers, blowers, riders, walk behinds, ZTRs are here now. The generator aspect a larger learning curve? I'm still guessing that those manual grass scissors won't make a comeback....
Californistan is where this all comes from.
Smog is decreasing from equipment and cars.
Smog is increasing from forest fires and natural gas leaks.

I have a lot of battery operated hand tools and love them.
Battery operated commercial equipment is not yet suitable.

Californistan has been trying to get rid of lawns for many years now. This is another step closer.
Eventually all these batteries are going to be disposed of in Arizona!

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment
More battery operated equipment is certainly coming, that has been known for decades. Several manufactures of OPE have tried marketing battery operated equipment during the same amount of time. The tech has come a long way and it is generally friendly to use. Plus 1.

I can't speak to the environmental rational of the whole thing though. Currently, if a consumer buys a $150 gas trimmer and the thing doesn't run in a year or three, if they base their repair decision solely on whether it is cost effective to do so- it will likely get tossed. Hopefully an effort to recycle, which is a can of worms in itself. Minus 1

My experience with battery operated hand held equipment repair doesn't seem that that will fare any better. Plus it used to be that you could buy a part for a battery or electric item for service. Maybe some you still can. EGO had a return program rather than sell you the part. Still the case, I dunno. They probably aren't alone in that. That's a minus 2 in my book.