One step closer to zero emission power equipment

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #42  
Those plastic wheels are made from fossil fuels.
Yep. Most people too stupid to realize that most every battery powered device took a lot of fossil fuel to manufacture, to build parts for, to mine lithium for batteries and much more.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #44  
Buying up water and power from other states so they can sit back and brag on how "green" they are.
^ This. Nevada has a lot of geothermal resources - there are hot springs all over the state. There are quite a few geothermal power plants just in northern Nevada where I live that are producing electricity. ALL of the power from these geothermal plants goes to California.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #45  
   / One step closer to zero emission power equipment #46  
I kept watching for new information after I first heard about this legislation. I was hoping there was some sanity in it and it would be applied to metropolitan areas and not state line to line or coast. But my hopes were in vain. Also scary is that I live in WA. I can imagine the wheels spinning in OR Gov Brown's head or WA Gov Inslee's as to which will be the first to copy CA as often happens.

My DW and I live in remote forest. There are many like us, even in CA. Force me to use an electric chain saw in the woods? That's nuts. And what are logging companies going to do? Even the power companies maintaining their lines with battery saws?

And we are even a bit more extreme as we are off grid and not by choice as there are NO utilities for miles. We power via solar with no problem for 9 months of the year and a generator to charge batteries during the winter. There will be no power lines as there aren't enough customers. The future is going to be quite interesting.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #47  
   / One step closer to zero emission power equipment #48  
What are loggers and commercial woodcutters going to do? I guess buy chainsaws out of state?
Me thinks that would be something a prosecuting attorney would be watching. And at the very time when logging practices need to be reconsidered this happens?

Maybe the next stupid thing is to prohibit the sale of parts so a pre-ban unit can't be restored? Maybe Inspector Hector needs to install a security wire on equipment so if missing, the unit must've been rebuilt and you go to jail? Seriously this seems ludicrous, right. But what about the law that brought this on?

This thread is maybe in the wrong sub-forum: Lawn & Garden?!? We do a lot of gardening but haven't mowed a lawn in 20 years - its counter productive and we don't dance around with our shoes off cause those dang rattlesnakes are sneaky.

But really, if this stupidity comes to you where you live and you are young with many more years, what are you going to do? We won't even talk about problems and expense of fuel for our work rigs to get to town and back when all the city people are electric.

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #49  
green.jpeg

Bruce

/ One step closer to zero emission power equipment #50  
Explain like I'm an idiot, why don't we have a DPF-style box on the small engines that can reduce emissions?