Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors.

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #41  
My 2538 has the forward and reverse pedals on the right two brake pedals on the left and no clutch it works perfecty, dont know why any company would put brakes on the same side as the hydro pedals . the engineer should be fired.

Yeah I've seen some stupid designs but those take the cake. Kioti sometimes has reverse, forward, and a single brake on the right side. So not only is the brake on the wrong side, but it's not even an independent brake. Then you have Kubota who sometimes puts independent brakes on theirs but they put them INCHES above the forward and reverse pedals! Not only should that engineer be fired, but everybody up the chain from him who signed off on that should be fired. Not only is it excessively complicated to operate, but in certain situations it could be down right dangerous.

I also don't understand why Kioti puts live PTO on their economy hydro tractors. If I am buying a hydro, it's because I DON'T WANT TO USE A CLUTCH. Total failure to do market research....

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #42  
I think I was told that I was to use my right foot to press the gas pedal and the brake pedal on my truck. So why should all brake pedals be on the left? For those that have more than one tractor, and some being bigger tractors, we need for them to be somewhat alike. And in mud with a large 3 pt attachment, we need two brakes. For the smaller tractors with HST, I do see your point. But that is one of the reasons that before buying, you need to test drive. Pick what you want. With the pedals that you want. Some of us grew up with the clutch and gears. Or with the hyd. shuttle. And even today, not a lot of HST tractors in the high hp range. But getting to be more.
Cars puts the light switches all over the place.

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #43  
I think I was told that I was to use my right foot to press the gas pedal and the brake pedal on my truck. So why should all brake pedals be on the left? For those that have more than one tractor, and some being bigger tractors, we need for them to be somewhat alike. And in mud with a large 3 pt attachment, we need two brakes. For the smaller tractors with HST, I do see your point. But that is one of the reasons that before buying, you need to test drive. Pick what you want. With the pedals that you want. Some of us grew up with the clutch and gears. Or with the hyd. shuttle. And even today, not a lot of HST tractors in the high hp range. But getting to be more.
Cars puts the light switches all over the place.

I don't think they have to be on the left, but they do have to be on the opposite side from the forward/reverse pedals. Tractors are used off road and sometimes in sketchy situations and it's safer and more helpful to be able to keep one foot on the brake pedals while using the other to finesse the throttle. I have to do this frequently around our Kentucky hillsides.

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #44  
My 2538 has the forward and reverse pedals on the right two brake pedals on the left and no clutch it works perfecty, dont know why any company would put brakes on the same side as the hydro pedals . the engineer should be fired.
My CK4010SE has the brake on the right side, and its adjacent to the two HST pedals. Never ever had a problem hitting the brake when wanting to go forward. However, I do occasionally hit the wrong HST pedal.

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #45  
Stay away from the TYM tractors. While the TYM tractors are not that bad, their parts supply is the worst of any I've seen. I've had a TYM T330 for going on 10 years and parts replacement has always been a problem. Latest is the bell-housing "came from together" taking the shift lever with it. That was in Nov 2020. The dealer has got it put back together but still waiting for shift lever to be sent. This is the end of Feb 2021! 4 months is ridiculous. According to dealer they order the parts from TYM America, they are shipped from Korea to the west coast, then to an east coast distribution center, then back to where I live in Idaho. Any back-order and the process starts all over.

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #46  
Good evening everyone, let me tell you about my Place. I have 105 acers just outside Beautiful Buffalo Texas. Its 60 acers of cleared land and 45 acers of untouched woods. We don't live on it full time and probably won't for several years to come. I'm really luckily that I have my Land leased for cattle production and the man who leases it has some Big Nice equipment to do the big jobs and a smaller JD 5103 he lets me borrow when I need. A few years ago I bought a Used Ford Compact tractor for a certain job I need to do and it failed horribly, so off it went to a new home to torment someone else.
Well its now getting to the point time I find my self needing a smaller tractor with a loader more and more to take of the smaller everyday chores. I've put pen to paper and read articles and watched YouTube videos till I'm Blue in the Face. I think for me needs I'm going to stay in the 25HP compact range. A huge thing for me is having a Tractor with a Good warranty and I know that a good dealer makes a Huge difference when having work done or needing parts.
I've visited several local dealers to me, Bobcat, Kioti and Mahindra I've tested out and got cost break downs on new BC CT2025 HST with Loader, Kioti CK2610 HST Mahindra 1626 HST with Loader and thinking of driving up to my nearest Branson dealer to take a look at the newish 2515 HST and loader. I've already crossed JD and Kubota and NH off my list due to price and not happy with the selection in the size category. So far I'm really impressed with the Kioti and BC, the Mahindra was nice but didn't blow my Kilt up... I know all about the Kioti and BC being the same machine and all.
So now is where I need some Honest Advice before I take the time to drive to take a look the Branson. How dose the Kioti/BC 2610 HST compare to the Branson 2515 HST? I cant find a Head to Head comparison to one another. On paper they are close but maybe its just me but after watching some videos of the Branson it looks like the Rear end is kind of narrow compared to the Kioti/BC and looks like the rear tires are under sized.
Thanks in advance for any information I can get, I know this was kind of long but I'm defiantly OCD when it comes to decisions like this.
Have a Great evening everyone, Stay Safe and Healthy!!!!!
Have you seen?

willy

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #47  
I live not far from Buffalo and have lived in Centerville for quite some time. So quite familiar with your area. I went through the same process your going through now on comparative shopping. For the most part, I found subcompacts are similar in capabilities and reliability, but costs can vary alot. Even though some of your property is leased and well cared for, I would consider something like the Kioti CK2610 or CK3510, Kubota L3301 or the LS G3033H or the Branson 2120R. Branson uses the Kukje diesel engines from TYM.

I purchased a Kioti CK4010SEHC and its not been to a Kioti dealer for any repairs in the 600hrs I have owned the tractor. I would recommend you consider dealer installed rear remotes, because it opens a world of opportunity to you by certain implements. Grapples, stump grinders, backhoes and many others use rear hydraulics. And resale value is excellent on tractors with rear hydraulics.

Regarding cab tractors, that's what I have now and really love it. Be advised, its AC is useful in the Texas heat up to about 95F, and after that, the thermal heat transfer through the glass overwhelms the AC and it becomes ineffective. Good luck with your purchase.
Have you tried putting the tint on the windows that they use on cars?

willy

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #48  
Have you tried putting the tint on the windows that they use on cars?

willy
Williy: Thank You so much. I don't know why i never considered that before. It should cut down on thermal energy into the cab. Much appreciated.

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #49  
I didn't know so many other brands have treadle pedals. I never got the "3rd world country" image when I looked at the Kubota. I actually got a Toyota vs Chevrolet feel after comparing Kubota vs other brands.
By “Toyota vs Chevrolet” do you mean to say Toyota (Kubota) is better than Chevrolet (others)? Having owned Toyota’s And Chevys, if someone told me a Kubota was like a Toyota I’d run away as fast as I could but I don’t think that’s what you mean.

/ Opinion needed on New Compact Tractors. #50  
By “Toyota vs Chevrolet” do you mean to say Toyota (Kubota) is better than Chevrolet (others)? Having owned Toyota’s And Chevys, if someone told me a Kubota was like a Toyota I’d run away as fast as I could but I don’t think that’s what you mean.
I should have said Lexus vs Chevrolet. 😹