Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #61  
However, they produce income. A car or truck not used for business don't produce squat except a fat payment book and finance charges. Of course everything depreciates, way it is but if you can offset it, all good. If you cannot, all bad.

Now in the case of pre 4 tractors, they are appreciating, not depreciating. You and I both know that.

real simple.
Wrong!
Lots of tractors are bought purely for hobby and pleasure. They not only produce no business income, but they probably cost money. But it’s ok. This is America and we are free to buy a tractor for home improvements.
Theres about 30,000 owners of them on this website alone.

Also, a truck could be bought with a plow and a guy could do a snowplowing route and make a lot of extra money in snowy locations.
You could reason that is a business, but it could be just a side gig, without being a “business” or needing a business license

Last edited:
   / Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #62  
Actually, to me tractor model numbers make no sense for the most part.
Jd's AG line currently makes perfect sense. Check it out.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #63  
Tractors and equipment are depreciable assets. Always have been, always will be. Ups and downs in residual values notwithstanding.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #64  
Lots of tractors are bought purely for hobby and pleasure.
Theres about 30,000 owners of them on this website alone.
I laughed outloud!!! :)

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #65  
I read Ford is creating their own chip manufacturing plant in the US...finally some of these companies are waking up. We can't be so dependent on foreign parts for critical items.
That all had to do with JIT (just in time) philosophy that backfired on them.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #68  
Tractors and equipment are depreciable assets. Always have been, always will be. Ups and downs in residual values notwithstanding.

Section 179, my entire new truck will be deducted this year… had no plan to sell and buy new. But the alternative was more money to gov.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #69  
You are correct except for my wife's Suburban

Haven’t you had that a couple years? Things have went bonkers in the last year.

/ Ordered a 2022 Ram 2500 #70  
Micron company in Manassas Va. makes chips for all of the big three, they have been building another huge building to support this effort and this has put them way behind on production. I would think by now they should be all tooled up and ready for production. Good luck with the new Ram
Micron is out of Boise, ID. The Manassas facility is just one of their plants.