Orec tracked flail vs Grillo wheeled flail vs ride on

/ Orec tracked flail vs Grillo wheeled flail vs ride on #51  
I have another section of similar 20 degree hillside, but not as large an area, presently covered in kudzu. I'm guessing the kudzu vines will wrap around the flail more so than they would wrap around a rotary cutter?
Only because flail mowers need more power per inch of width and therefore are more likely to bog down. As long as there is no bogging down the hammers will cut the vines before they get near the drum.

But I don't really have vines to cut around here. The only things I've gotten wrapped around the drum are barbed wire and ten foot tall saplings which were too thick at the base (and I was bogging down).

/ Orec tracked flail vs Grillo wheeled flail vs ride on
Had a chat with Joel today. BCS 852, debris screen, PTO coupler, 26" Berta flail and shipping is hovering around $8,000. I'm starting to think the weeds don't look so bad.

/ Orec tracked flail vs Grillo wheeled flail vs ride on #53  
Had a chat with Joel today. BCS 852, debris screen, PTO coupler, 26" Berta flail and shipping is hovering around $8,000. I'm starting to think the weeds don't look so bad.
Ya well that that cost of mowing problems down. That's about the price of the tow behind flail mower we are looking at. Do you know what our 6x6 setup cost?

No idea.

I would like to see a 4x4 articulated slope mowing tractor with a front grail mower that isn't hydraulic driven. Joel said Grillo makes one they don't import into the USA, but it's about $40k.

/ Orec tracked flail vs Grillo wheeled flail vs ride on #55  
No idea.

I would like to see a 4x4 articulated slope mowing tractor with a front grail mower that isn't hydraulic driven. Joel said Grillo makes one they don't import into the USA, but it's about $40k.

Very nice. I like it.

We have plenty of tractors in the USA that are 25-48hp HST 4x4s diesels from every brand you can think of that are functionally similarly designed traditional tractors, but why doesn't someone make one designed like the TTR4400?

/ Orec tracked flail vs Grillo wheeled flail vs ride on #59  
I like center actuating machines. Our Husky lawn mower is and love it.

Giving the whole walking tractor thing more thought.

Commercial lawn mowers went through a phase when they were walk behinds. Then someone got smarter and decided that a tow behind sulky would mean less work. Then someone else saw the shortcomings of sulkies and came up with the stand on mower.

Watching one video demonstrating a walk behind tractor equipped with a rotary brush cutter, it seems to me that the operator was doing a lot of work simply turning the tractor and trying to keep up with it. It looks like a familiar scene to me of having to nibble away at brush by repeatedly driving into it, backing out, going forward, and then having to reposition the tractor by turning it to cut the brush from a different angle. This amounts to a lot of steps just to cut a relatively small area.

Also, the tractor's forward speed doesn't always equate to a comfortable walking speed for the operator when on a hillside and the terrain varies, especially when the tractor has to be turned on a hillside in order to be repositioned.

I understand that these things are built to plow while also doing mowing work. I understand that a sulky isn't going to work well on a hillside, but I also think that brush mowers could be designed to allow for a platform for either walking or stand on operation. Being able to stand on the machine would take a significant amount of work out of this.