Our Home In The Woods!

/ Our Home In The Woods!
Looking good Brett, what areas are getting rocked? (stucco I assume?)

Thanks. We are getting excited. Just the area on the front are getting the rock. We love the look of a Hardi plank home but wanted to break it up a little. It's a 42" wainscoat of cultured rock. Don't need a brick ledge, lower price point I think and easier to work with. It'll be carried over in the house by the fire place and under the bar.

Brett

/ Our Home In The Woods! #42  
Sure, that makes sense and should look great. I love that look if the right stone is picked. I look forward to seeing the final product. Do you hope to be in by Sept?

/ Our Home In The Woods!
Sure, that makes sense and should look great. I love that look if the right stone is picked. I look forward to seeing the final product. Do you hope to be in by Sept?

Shooting for mid August however, that's an ambitious goal. I hope were in before sept. We are currently living in our 5th wheel out there!

Brett

/ Our Home In The Woods! #44  
Shooting for mid August however, that's an ambitious goal. I hope were in before sept. We are currently living in our 5th wheel out there!

Brett

House is looking great! We talked about living in our 5th wheel while ours was built, but with 3 small kids, we nixed that idea rather quickly. We are fortunate to have our house sold (verbally, not officially) and the new buyers are going to close after theirs is sold, but allow us to live here until our new home is finished.

/ Our Home In The Woods! #45  
If you haven't already got your cultured stone selected, the "Eldorado" brand stone costs a bit more, but is really worth it in our estimation. Very natural looking, and easy to use. They even have patterns/colors that are made to match various regional stone types. We had some exterior sections done in it and liked it so well that we also had two entire interior walls done in it. It's nice that due to its light weight, one can use it almost anywhere.

- Jay
GR Wall_compr.JPG
MBr Wall_compr.JPG

/ Our Home In The Woods!
House is looking great! We talked about living in our 5th wheel while ours was built, but with 3 small kids, we nixed that idea rather quickly. We are fortunate to have our house sold (verbally, not officially) and the new buyers are going to close after theirs is sold, but allow us to live here until our new home is finished.

We have a two year old. It's been great so far. Just got the temp laundry room setup so my wife is happy? With three kids I would imagine it being very trying!

That's great about your house. That would be a relief to not be rushed or worried about selling it. Yours is coming along great!

If you haven't already got your cultured stone selected, the "Eldorado" brand stone costs a bit more, but is really worth it in our estimation. Very natural looking, and easy to use. They even have patterns/colors that are made to match various regional stone types. We had some exterior sections done in it and liked it so well that we also had two entire interior walls done in it. It's nice that due to its light weight, one can use it almost anywhere.

- Jay
View attachment 380611
View attachment 380612

That looks great but we already picked out what my bride likes. I think it's similar to what y'all have! Will post pics when we get there. Roof will be done tomorrow and looks great!

Looks great Brett! Anticipation! :)

Thank you very much. We are very excited. It's finally coming together and we are learning a lot and have done some things I'll share later for others to think about! Makes life a little easier!

Brett

/ Our Home In The Woods! #48  
What did you find out about the chimney and the dormer? Are they as close as they looked? What kind of roofing material are you using? Sorry if I missed any of this.

/ Our Home In The Woods!
What did you find out about the chimney and the dormer? Are they as close as they looked? What kind of roofing material are you using? Sorry if I missed any of this.

They have more clearance than it looks. We are using timberline prestique 30 shingles. Considered metal but the cost was to high to justify.

Brett

/ Our Home In The Woods! #50  
We have a two year old. It's been great so far. Just got the temp laundry room setup so my wife is happy? With three kids I would imagine it being very trying!

I could probably handle one, but definitely not all 3! :)

That's great about your house. That would be a relief to not be rushed or worried about selling it. Yours is coming along great!

Yes, it takes a great load off our minds! Thanks!