Our new 2320 Finally!

/ Our new 2320 Finally! #1  

JSR LLS

Silver Member
We finally got our 2320 Thanksgiving weekend and immediately got it covered in mud doing various pre winter chores. YAH! I moved the skid shoes on the blower all the way up as I only blow snow on asphalt. The dealer left them down a bit, even though they told me it was "all set up for me" and it left a mess after our first snow. It warmed up and we had slush everywhere, then it refroze. This machine is great. Thanks for the tips on the hooks on the FEL. The dealer took care of those and through in the bettery powered Gator for the kids, which will be awesome under(next to) the tree on Christmas morning. Thanks for all the advice.
P.S. Sorry to those who read MTF too for the duplication of this post!

/ Our new 2320 Finally! #2  
I love the ROPS christmas decorations..

Enjoy your new toy... errrr tool..

I have had mine since may and really enjoyed it so far

Brian

/ Our new 2320 Finally! #3  
Thanks for sharing the photos - Everyone looks so happy on the new green machine!

Looks like you are ready for the lake Erie snow machine this year!

/ Our new 2320 Finally! #4  
How have you found the engine power of your machine to be??? Does it power your snowblower well??? Thanks.

John M

/ Our new 2320 Finally! #5  
What's all that white stuff on the ground? You guys musta had a real bad sandstorm!!

/ Our new 2320 Finally!
I haven't had many strenuous chores for it to do. The dealer screwed up and didn't have the ballast box at delivery, so I didn't want to do any heavy lifting. I did lift and transport the ash barrel for our woodstove to the woods to empty it (two years worth of ash) and the tractor wasn't bothered in the least. I've only used the blower once. It did fine. I did adjust the chute deflector to all the way open, mainly just to see how far it would throw the snow. I didn't run wide open, and the tractor handled the snow ok (only 4-6in.). I am anxious to see how well the blower will clean up down to the pavement, now that I moved the skid shoes all the way up. My wife was a little disappointed though. My neighbor has a Cub Cadet lawn tractor with a 2 stage blower and that thing will throw for a mile. She had hoped our Deere would do the same, more for entertaiment than anything else. It probably depends on the type of snow, amount of snow, and the chute deflector adjustment. We'll wait and see.

/ Our new 2320 Finally! #7  
JSR LLS,

When you were snowblowing, you said that you were not running wide open, and you should not when using implements.

Were you running the machine at the "rated" speed of 3000rpm?

That thing should throw snow a mile.
Also, you should look into the optional remote deflector kit so you can adjust that from the seat.

/ Our new 2320 Finally! #8  
Looks good.

Hopefully, by the time I need another tractor, they'll be making an 1820. Don't need 23 hp. A smaller engine will use less fuel.

Ralph

/ Our new 2320 Finally! #9  
Looks great! Careful with the lights. They snag and break real easy. JD has a $35 part to protect them or you can flip them in the ROP. Lets hope for lots of snow! Merry Christmas!

/ Our new 2320 Finally!
Larry,
Sorry! When I said "Wide Open", I meant the rated RPM, not actually wide open. I ran at about 2200 RPM. Dealer and owners manual didn't really commit to what RPM to run it at. And trust me, I asked, as I'm a total newbie to diesel tractors. Dealer said RPM depended on how far I wanted to throw the snow. I was going to try running it higher next time (maybe this weekend according to the forecast).

Getindirty,
Thanks for the tip on the lights. So far, its the ROPS I'm most worried about. I decided to keep the tractor in our garage. Its quite large, and can easily hold our two vehicles and the tractor and still allow unimpeded entry of all three. I figured the ROPS wouldn't need to be folded to get in...wrong. Luckily, I checked before just driving in. But, it does take a mental note to put it back down or up, when you change its position.