Outdoor burning laws

/ Outdoor burning laws #51  
Here it is $8-10 for a small bundle.
Since I have many cords sitting around, think how much money I am saving.

/ Outdoor burning laws
I sell a BX bucket load of camp wood for $15 and deliver it to their site. Aged on site.... mostly oak or hickory but currently I have bunch of conifer since some trees died.
Thank you , are you charging a delivery fee ? The camp site idea has fleetingly crossed my mind as I work on the big projects , I now am thinking about doing it since I live close to the Ohio river and there are several campsites in probably a 25 mile radius...
I have had people come to my place on occasion and buy some firewood to take to a campground or I have sold wood for backyard pit fires..you can sell firewood year around.

Last edited:
   / Outdoor burning laws #53  
I own the campground so no delivery fee, just fill the bucket and dump at the site.
I have some folks coming from other campgrounds and either I dump into a truck or they load. For that price no stacking or handling is included.
Pays for my wood gathering and splitting equipment/labor (sort of) but I get free heat all winter long.

/ Outdoor burning laws #54  
Townships require burn permits so they can collect fines from those who don’t get permits.
#Nanny Nation
They require burn permits in the west so people don’t burn at inappropriate times and start wildfires.

/ Outdoor burning laws
I own the campground so no delivery fee, just fill the bucket and dump at the site.
I have some folks coming from other campgrounds and either I dump into a truck or they load. For that price no stacking or handling is included.
Pays for my wood gathering and splitting equipment/labor (sort of) but I get free heat all winter long.
Thanks , I appreciate the information...!!!!!!!

/ Outdoor burning laws #57  
They require burn permits in the west so people don’t burn at inappropriate times and start wildfires.
You just confirmed my point.
People know when its “inappropriate” to burn.
Dry- don’t burn. Damp-burn.
Not a real difficult concept, unless you live in a Nanny State.

/ Outdoor burning laws #58  
People are not very good at figuring out when to burn. Look at Colorado and Oregon last year. Dry, windy, and people are still dumb enough to light fires that got out of control.

/ Outdoor burning laws #59  
I try to mostly burn organic stuff, boxes, paper, wood, and avoid too much plastics/rubber. I will burn milk jugs, laundry detergent jugs, ect that take up a lot if trash can space.

I will throw this out there; couple years ago, mom got a new hot tub, and asked me to haul old one to the dump. They said they wouldn't take it. I thought about hauling it to a abandoned dirt road, like everyone else does, but I don't like that. So, took it to may house, and used an old electric chain saw to cut into about 8 pieces, and snuck the into trash. After about 6 weeks of that, I decided to burn the last 2 pieces; not again; that was nasty, and I ended up putting it out after like 5 minutes.

Point being; if they don't give you an easy, legal thing to do with tires; hot tubs; old fiber glass boats; ect; people will do what they have to do. There are so many tires dumped in the old unbuilt subdivisions around here, its crazy. Same with old TVs, mattresses, ect.

Now; I did come home one day and fire pit smoke was Nasty; and son had dumped 6 gallons of used motor oil in there; yelled at him; and told him dump/auto zone take that crap for free, and to not so that again.

/ Outdoor burning laws #60  
People are not very good at figuring out when to burn. Look at Colorado and Oregon last year. Dry, windy, and people are still dumb enough to light fires that got out of control.
But making people get & pay for a burn permit won’t stop that. 😂