Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #811  
still waiting for the tsunami.......
It drives me nuts that the world stops at the US border. I'm more interested in the effect in South America, SE Asia, and New Zealand. It looks like Tonga had a sequence of 1 meter + waves, but I don't know which side of the island that was on.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #812  
Air stagnation---gusts to 31mph????

WIND.png

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #813  
Meanwhile we have been having cool temps and freezing fog. Every little twig and branch is covered with a half inch of rime ice.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #814  
I've had over 12 1/2" of rain at my place so far this year (over 40" the past three months!) and will take "dry" in any form (cold fog isn't my preference, but it's a break). I need to get my log splitter out and get some wood up off the ground and into crates (by the time it's dry enough late spring the grass will be high and make things more difficult). Several days of dry weather will allow enough of a drop in the water table so I can get the UTV and splitter out: crate(s) will stay remain in the field until I can get my Kioti out to pick them up- late spring or early summer.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #815  
I've had over 12 1/2" of rain at my place so far this year (over 40" the past three months!) and will take "dry" in any form (cold fog isn't my preference, but it's a break). I need to get my log splitter out and get some wood up off the ground and into crates (by the time it's dry enough late spring the grass will be high and make things more difficult). Several days of dry weather will allow enough of a drop in the water table so I can get the UTV and splitter out: crate(s) will stay remain in the field until I can get my Kioti out to pick them up- late spring or early summer.
I was living a few miles east of Sedro Woolley last winter and my rain gauge showed 11.75 last January and we very seldom get the convergence zone rains that happen further south. This past November when you were getting those atmospheric rivers, I had 9/10s of an inch all month. 125 miles of mountains between Sedro and here seems to draw all the moisture out of the clouds.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #816  
I was living a few miles east of Sedro Woolley last winter and my rain gauge showed 11.75 last January and we very seldom get the convergence zone rains that happen further south. This past November when you were getting those atmospheric rivers, I had 9/10s of an inch all month. 125 miles of mountains between Sedro and here seems to draw all the moisture out of the clouds.
Got 100" last year. No concerns over the well going dry! ;) I refer to rain as "tree watering": it helps produce plenty of firewood.

Cascades act like a clothes wringer, squeezes the precip out. Okanogan is like a desert compared to here. I was once aiming to relocate to the Colville area: about 21" of precip a year; like the area.

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued #817  
We are looking at a glorious week of weather in front of us.
22516B3E-B2C1-458A-AB68-117F7A7EBF86.jpeg

/ Pacific North West - Excessive heat warning issued
So far this year - 0.70 inches of rain/snow melt. Daytime - mid 30's, nighttime - mid 20's. And that glorious freezing fog. Everything is coated with ice in the AM.