Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #42  
I just went through that whole fire list. Utah only has 2 fires yet the state is filled with smoke.
Could all of you keep your smoke in your own states. :laughing:

Ha ha... hey it makes for beautiful sunsets!

IMG_4954.JPG

Here is a sortable list of fires.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

Bruce
Yep been following this site for a while now.

This is the warmest and dry summer we have had in my history and this after huge snowpack and rainy spring. Kinda liking the global warming effect around here. Wait... except for the fires and smoke. We have a lot of ash falling and taste of of soot and smoke... and the closest fire is 100mi away. The Norse Peak fire near Crystal Mountain Ski Resort is out of control and they have a level 3 Evac. One of my best friends daughter getting married there this weekend. Not going to happen. They have 4 days to relocate their venue, catering, hotels, etc. Yikes... but not as bad as those that are losing their livelyhood in the beautiful PNW mountains.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #43  
Here's a couple shots I took last night of the sun. Same shots just one is zoomed to the limit of my cell phone. There is a 10,000 foot mountain under the sun somewhere?

20170906_193657.jpg
20170906_193711.jpg

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires
Interesting to see how, as the smoke drifts around, there are such differing colors to the sun & moon. I can't see the sun right now, too much smut, smog & corruption, but when it finally shines thru it will be a fiery fluorescent pumpkin orange color.

I'm glad to see you have basically clear skies there in Utah, cat fever. As an example - at my location, I would not be able to see anything out where those tall Lombardy populars and the end of the grey colored house are.

They say it will get better...................

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #45  
but when it finally shines thru it will be a fiery fluorescent pumpkin orange color.

This is why I took the pictures.
The way you described it is how it looked when I was looking out the window. The actual pictures are disappointing.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #46  
I've got a brother in Ellensburg. Folks with breathing problems are having a hard time up there.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires
Ellensburg is about 140 due west of me. They are a whole lot closer to the big fire in the Colombia R. gorge. Eagle Creek wildfire.

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #48  
My brother is a golf fanatic; plays at least 5 days a week and goes to and from the golf courses on a Honda Gold Wing. He says by the time he gets home, his eyes are burning and watering, and his throat is sore, but that it gets OK before bedtime.:laughing:

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #49  
Looks like we may be getting a little relief today, west wind is starting to blow and the air is a lot less hazy. Still overcast but it looks a lot more like clouds than smoke. :dance1:

/ Pacific Northwest - Forrest Fires #50  
70 degrees and a little bit of rain right now! :cool2: