Paint

/ Paint #1  

Locoweed

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
The West Texas sun has done a number on my implements & It is time to repaint. Does anyone have any recommendations for brand or color?

/ Paint #2  
About a year ago I painted the badly rusted runways on my 4 post lift with Rustoleum bed liner paint, 3 coats, it looks like new. I had leftover paint so I painted my 25 year old snow blower, a year later it looks like I painted it yesterday. You can get it tinted in many different colors. I'm a big fan of Rustoleum.

/ Paint #3  
Chartreuse and mauve look mauvelous on farm implements.

/ Paint #5  
With good surface prep, spray or brush application is equally good. Brush is actually easier on some equipment because of the shape. Rustoleum is very good, readily available paint. Just remember it doesn't have a hardener, so, for best results, paint is when you won't have rough handling for a month or so.

/ Paint #6  
The West Texas sun has done a number on my implements & It is time to repaint. Does anyone have any recommendations for brand or color?
I suppose if you lean toward UT, A&M, or Tech you could go for those colors. Haha. Seriously, I would use black unless I found a deal on another color.

More importantly, of you want to protect against the sun, make sure you put on a coat (or more) of a UV protection after you repaint. Another option would be these things we have in East Texas. Some people call them sheds, or barns, or garages. They seem to do a good job of sun protection, too.

/ Paint #7  
One of my least concerns - faded paint. I touch up rust spots with black spray paint. I had my first tractor - 1982 Ford 1700 for 27 years. Kept in a carport stall. Paint looked fine when traded in - 2009.

/ Paint #8  
About a year ago I painted the badly rusted runways on my 4 post lift with Rustoleum bed liner paint, 3 coats, it looks like new. I had leftover paint so I painted my 25 year old snow blower, a year later it looks like I painted it yesterday. You can get it tinted in many different colors. I'm a big fan of Rustoleum.
Dont use bed liner on alreaty rusty metal. Your just covering it up and once water gets behind the bed liner it will rot things out quicker than no coating.

I have used rustoleum and I have found that useing there rusty metal primer and normal black paint sprayed through a HVLP gun holds up alot better than a spray can.

/ Paint #9  
I always had good luck with valspar tractor and implement paint WITH their hardner and spraying it.

TSC always used to carry it in about every common tractor color. I always painted OEM color.

TSC switched to Majic brand paint and it sucks

/ Paint #10  
If you are looking for Kubota Orange II (the after 2002 color), Rustoleum Kubota Orange is a dead match and comes in rattle cans as well as quarts. If you want the pre 2002 color, it will be Majic Kubota orange again in quarts or rattle can. Far as frame paint goes, I just use OEM Kubota rattle cans of ROPS grey or early Kubota blue as required.

Majic don't suck if you reduce it correctly (quarts). The rattle can stuff leaves a lot to be desired, I don't use it. I own a real spray gun..,.