Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #11  
Mine did it once 1 day after full charge on automatic charger. I think it was an internal battery problem not detected by their approved tester. Only cost $200 for battery, 5 trips to dealer at 15 hours wait time plus 7.5 hours driving time to find out.

Plus due to Covid no free donuts and coffee. Had to wait outside.

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #12  
I have a friends 15, F150 sitting here with every option known to man in it. It seems to hold it's charge for months. Although I will keep an eye on it as it's uncertain when the owner will come for it.

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #13  
I also bought one of these and carry in truck. They're very small and stay charged a long time. New battery technology. So far started truck, zero turn and 4 cyl Kubota. Two thumbs up.

View attachment 672237

I heard the one HF sells has a bad habit of going up in smoke when used......:D

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #14  
Radio will have a small current draw. If top of battery is dirty current can flow between the terminals. placing volt meter probes on top (not posts) can show a voltage reading,

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #15  
Some times the Taco Wagon will not be used for ten days. The battery holds its charge and starts the pickup right up. This Ram 2500 Power Wagon has EVERY electronic option known to man. I've had it 18 months and still find options I didn't know it had.

However - I do not have the electronic security system activated. That might be the source of some power draw.

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #16  
I believe Dodges (and possibly others) have a 'transport fuse' or 'ignition off' draw fuse that can be pulled or disconnected. Purpose is to remove parasitic draw while vehicle is on the lot or being stored for any amount of time. You'll loose all your presets is the only down fall and maybe the learned driving parameters. Easier that removing the battery cable ......Mike

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #17  
Ive never had an issue with my Jeep Grand Cherokee with all the bells and whistles (accept winch). Do a load test for free at one of the auto stores first. The other thing is alot of Jeeps had recalls done on the ignition switch for similar problems so check for ignition switch recall on yours.

Is it throwing any codes? You can get codes for free at auto stores or use the sequence in the ignition to get them to show up on your display. I dont know what the sequence is for the JK.

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #18  
You have meter on 10 amp scale in series with the disconnected negative cable, so meter is between battery negative and ground (cable going to ground).
What's the reading? How many amps current draw is there? Key off of course.

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #19  
Could be an old smoked up roach in the harness somewhere. Living close to the Jeep plant, I can tell you that quite a few of the employees there are users of dope and booze. Might be a pull tab from a beer can too.....:laughing:

/ Parasitic power draw on Jeep JK Wrangler #20  
It's the ECM. My mom had the same issue with her FCA car. The ECM always pulls a bit of current. Nothing you can do about it but install a battery maintainer or drive it more often.

Still shouldn't draw down battery in a few days.
Did you check the alternator? A bad diode could cause this.