Parking EVs indoors

/ Parking EVs indoors #81  
I have about 140 gallons of diesel stored in my garage, between three different vehicles.
Hasn't been a problem yet.

But I keep the lithium ion jumper pack in a steel cabinet. Just like the Milwaukee cordless tools, come to think of it.

/ Parking EVs indoors #82  
So much about those electric cars are dangerous…especially the lies from the politicians, the media and the enviro liars who claim these are great for the environment.

I just hope I never collide with one of those those gigantic 1 ton batteries inside of a compact car that weighs as much as a full sized pickup truck while driving my gas sipping honda accord.

My neighbor or has one of those giant energizers in his garage and it has the most blinding headlights I’ve ever seen on a production vehicle.
His driveway is across the street from me and up hill a bit .
When he back into his garage at all hours of the night his headlights stay on and it looks like close encounters of the third kind coming through my blinds.
I took a video of it just to show him just how annoying it is when it wakes
Me up from a dead sleep.
He laughed and swore to never do it again.
Guess what……it seems to have motivated him to do it even more.

Nice guy.

/ Parking EVs indoors #83  
I just hope I never collide with one of those those gigantic 1 ton batteries inside of a compact car that weighs as much as a full sized pickup truck while driving my gas sipping honda accord.
Don't worry, will never happen.

There is no such thing as a compact EV with a 1 ton battery.

/ Parking EVs indoors #86  
So much about those electric cars are dangerous…especially the lies from the politicians, the media and the enviro liars who claim these are great for the environment.

My neighbor or has one of those giant energizers in his garage and it has the most blinding headlights I’ve ever seen on a production vehicle.
His driveway is across the street from me and up hill a bit .
When he back into his garage at all hours of the night his headlights stay on and it looks like close encounters of the third kind coming through my blinds.
I took a video of it just to show him just how annoying it is when it wakes
Me up from a dead sleep.
He laughed and swore to never do it again.
Guess what……it seems to have motivated him to do it even more.

Nice guy.

Hope I never collide with one of those gas bomb carrying vehicles. :unsure:
EV's are safer than ICE vehicles. Change my mind.

/ Parking EVs indoors #87  
Once again, the difference is that the lithium ion batteries do not require any air for combustion - that's why I compare it to a solid rocket booster, where there's fuel and oxidizer in one unit ready to burn until it's all gone.

That's why you can't put out the battery fires.

ALL flammable household chemicals, once lit, can be put out, given the right extinguisher.

The lithium ion batteries will probably burn in a vacuum.

Do you understand yet?
Lithium Ion batteries will burn in a vacuum, as they produce thier own O2 as they burn.
I have watched many flares ups in vacuum heat treat ovens that would not have occured if proper proceedures had been followed.
Even watched a vacuum pump catch on fire because someone bypassed the safety circuit to the heat sensor in the vacuum path.

/ Parking EVs indoors
Lithium Ion batteries will burn in a vacuum, as they produce thier own O2 as they burn.
I'm sure you've noticed..... the Greek Chorus, singing the Demise of ICE, never address the positive fire-safety characteristics of diesel fuel....

Back to Regular BrainWashing.....

Rgds, D.

/ Parking EVs indoors #89  
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S. investigators on Thursday proposed $270,000 in fines for a General Motors and LG Energy Solution joint venture battery plant in Ohio for safety and health violations.

Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) investigators examining the cause of a March explosion and fire at the Ultium Cells plant prompted the agency to issue 19 safety and health violations, 17 of them serious.