Parking - in the new day an age - Rant

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #161  
When I was recovering from my cardiac arrest I WANTED to go to the store with my wife. It made me feel a bit more normal. Even though I needed the assistance of the scooter. And I am not oversight in fact my Dr is telling me to gain weight.

In a world where you can be anything be kind.
1 - Honestly, I do think I am kind for numerous reasons.

2- If I were to see you riding a scooter and you were not fat, I could only assume that you had a good reason for using it.

3 - I know about the word "assume", so in public, I keep my mouth shut. Here on this forum, sometimes it can be a different story.

4 - Do I think every kid walking down the street with his pants hanging down to his knees with his underwear sticking out is would be bum or hooligan? To answer that, see #3 above, no different when I see someone who is fat riding store scooter.

Lets not even get on people who bring their pets to the box stores ;) Again, see#3 above.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #162  
   / Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #163  
1 - Honestly, I do think I am kind for numerous reasons.

2- If I were to see you riding a scooter and you were not fat, I could only assume that you had a good reason for using it.

3 - I know about the word "assume", so in public, I keep my mouth shut. Here on this forum, sometimes it can be a different story.

4 - Do I think every kid walking down the street with his pants hanging down to his knees with his underwear sticking out is would be bum or hooligan? To answer that, see #3 above, no different when I see someone who is fat riding store scooter.

Lets not even get on people who bring their pets to the box stores ;) Again, see#3 above.
You do realize that fat people have a legitimate reason for using scooters. They are too lazy to walk.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #164  
I think its because in the picture the truck is lifted and there is absolutely no way someone with a legitimate physical handicap could pull themselves up into the cab.
Kid that went to my church was paralyzed in a football accident, or maybe it was a car wreck, anyway, he had a lifted pickup with a lift system to pick him and his chair up and get him behind the wheel. It was a pretty nice setup.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #165  
On a side-note, if my wife was recovering from foot surgery, I'd be doing her shopping so she wouldn't have to deal with it ;)
Uhhh, yeah. You bring up that subject with her. Let me know how it works out... :ROFLMAO:

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #166  
4 - Do I think every kid walking down the street with his pants hanging down to his knees with his underwear sticking out is would be bum or hooligan?
Does anyone still do that? Haven't seen a kid dressed like that in probably 15 years.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #167  
Does anyone still do that? Haven't seen a kid dressed like that in probably 15 years.

Take a ride, if you dare, to your local hood and you'll get your fill of droopy drawers.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #168  
Yes. Greensboro NC a couple of weeks ago. Ironically enough they were walking a "pit bull" (no one really knows the breed because they lump them all in one) down the street.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #169  
Although I rarely agree with tradosaurus, in this case I don't think he's getting worked up about anything. He's simply stating a fact that the handicap parking issue is abused. Daily. At the stores you frequent. He's just voicing an aggravation with that abuse.
I don't get it though. Maybe it varies regionally, but around here all the handicap spaces are empty. All the time. It's so rare to even see one being used. So I don't agree with your premise that they are being abused. But even so, why be aggravated? It doesn't affect you.

/ Parking - in the new day an age - Rant #170  
Uhhh, yeah. You bring up that subject with her. Let me know how it works out... :ROFLMAO:

Give me her number and I will. If my wife was hurting due to foot surgery and she wanted to go out shopping but had to take a scooter (hopefully if you could find one), I'd address the subject with her.

When I got out of a burn unit and was "homebound" for a couple of months, I stayed at home until I knew I could function outside the home.