Part #3 - Oil pressure

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure #11  
<font color="blue"> you are not talking about blowing into it with your mouth are you? </font>

Teddy,

Well if that's all you got!!!

No, I was pretty sure Mith had access to an air compressor. But, have you ever seen those guys that can explode rubber gloves?

Gary

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure
Anyone know how much oil a B6000 takes? (litres preferably)
will 10w30 do it?
thanks

btw, havent progressed atall apart from using it for about 10 mins to move the mower
its real great at digging paralell (sp?) trenches /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure #13  
I've found the sunpro gauges are nice and cheap.. and work well. They also sell a metric adapter pack.

As for presurizing the oil pressure sender or gauge. i've done it with some cobble dfittings and a small hand pump grease gun. Most you can load with oil too! etc.

Still.. If it were my tractor.. I'd like to see oil pressure numbers.. etc. ( mechanical gauge.. )9$ plus 5?$ for the metric adapters..

Soundguy

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure #14  
Mith,

2 litres.

Don't worry if it smokes at first after an oil change. Mine always did.

Hope you get this oil preasure problem tracked down.

Gary

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure #15  
I don't want to jinx myself but just a an observation from past experience. A engine (gas in my case) can run for a looong time with very little oil presure.

My Father had a F-150 that the oil presure ran around 10 pounds at highway speed on the electric gauge and a little less according to the manual gauge. When you can to a stop light the gauges (both) went to "0" unless you put the truck in park then they came up to just under 5 psi.

My 1988 Bronco II has been the same way for the past 4 years. and hauls me to work everyday and anywhere I need to go any other time. I drive around 50-60 Mile a day.

It is still a good Idea to figure out what the problem is but I just wanted to throw my $.02 in there

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure #16  
My 1946 ford 2n runs 18 psi cold, and 8-10 psi hot idle.

Soundguy

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure #17  
Mad,

It can be scary. I have an F-250 7.3 that started to show low oil pressure. I thought the engine was a goner. After a week I put a mechanical gauge on it and found out it was ok. I still have the factory sender hooked up, it can scare you to watch it!

Gary

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure #18  
Soundguy,

Is that normal or just a lot of room between the bearings and the journals?

Gary

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure #19  
s that normal or just a lot of room between the bearings and the journals?
//

Not Soundguy, but those old engines were built to last, did not require synthetic oil or anything like that.
Ben

/ Part #3 - Oil pressure
Am i right?

Last edited: