Parts Availability - Dealer Availability

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
I recently saw a used Massey I would consider but doing research I don't find any dealers within a few hundred miles and online parts seem to be non existent. Are you all finding parts online or do you HAVE to go to a dealer to get them?

I wonder why their dealer network is fading away?

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #2  
Not sure, but the one dealer near me in SC since COVID took down its Massey Ferguson dealership sign and no longer has new MF tractors.

Last edited:
   / Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #3  
Competition, market variability, unstable supply chain, reliance on too many external manufacturers for parts. We have 1 Massey dealer in a few hundred miles and they sell mostly JCB....that told me something.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #4  
for me pretty much have to go through dealer but I do have ONE 25 miles away. I research part numbers then call for order. have to pick up there physically though.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #5  
Not sure, but the one near me in SC dealer since COVID took down its Massey Ferguson dealership sign and no longer has new MF tractors.
dealer here was out of units due to so many being stuck at home they sold out.
pretty odd but I guess it is what it is.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #6  
I have two dealers each about 35-45 miles from me, but they rarely have the parts I need. I order stuff online. There are a number of places to get parts from. Good luck.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #7  
They are sometimes hard to find because they rarely put the MF or Agco name on the business. I had my tractor trucked in 150 miles because I did not put Bob's Power Equipment as a MF dealer. The Agco locator isn't altogether reliable, either.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #8  
one thing I noticed over the years is non-gc stuff or older mf stuff has SOME aftermarket availability for parts (as opposed to implements/addons) while the GC series does not.
wish it were otherwise, hell oregon blades for a 2326 belly mower would not cost 45$ per blade LOL

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability
for me pretty much have to go through dealer but I do have ONE 25 miles away. I research part numbers then call for order. have to pick up there physically though.
How do you research part numbers? I couldn't get any of their parts links to load a parts lookup web site.

/ Parts Availability - Dealer Availability #10  
How do you research part numbers? I couldn't get any of their parts links to load a parts lookup web site.
I have the pdf parts book for my gc2400 there is parts link you can use as guest I just don't have it in front of me.