Pasture restoration Citidiot style

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #11  
Loader down near ground- excellent technique (y) Just keep the bucket lip curled upward (if it’s attached) ;)
I like reversing when cutting around trees in new fields. People tend to discard junk near them and limbs tend to fall and get hidden in tall grass.
Yep. I used to do that with my old IH2500b. Found some good stuff. I was thinking of painting the bucket white with a red tip. Lots of old metal embedded in the ground along the old RR right of way. Tposts from fencing. Angle irons. Box springs. All partially covered by RR ballast or dirt from dredging the drainage ditches.

But the radiator and transmission cooler were constantly getting plugged. I do like the air cooled engine in the rear of my little machine. Gotta keep an eye on the cooling passages around the heads once in a while, but not nearly as often as the old IH.

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #13  
Yep. I used to do that with my old IH2500b. Found some good stuff. I was thinking of painting the bucket white with a red tip. Lots of old metal embedded in the ground along the old RR right of way. Tposts from fencing. Angle irons. Box springs. All partially covered by RR ballast or dirt from dredging the drainage ditches.

But the radiator and transmission cooler were constantly getting plugged. I do like the air cooled engine in the rear of my little machine. Gotta keep an eye on the cooling passages around the heads once in a while, but not nearly as often as the old IH.

yes it does usually clog a bit faster, but better than losing a front tire, or worse….

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #14  
yes it does usually clog a bit faster, but better than losing a front tire, or worse….
Yep. I’ve had tooth jarring incidents in both types of machines. Best to know what’s out there before you mow, but sometimes that’s impossible. New ground, someone dumps something, or “I could have sworn I was 5’ further that way.”

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style
I like reversing when cutting around trees in new fields. People tend to discard junk near them and limbs tend to fall and get hidden in tall grass.

Best to know what’s out there before you mow, but sometimes that’s impossible.

Yeah. I didn't get to record it but believe me I was swearing plenty when I would run over a random log or find some unexpected junk/stump. It's really helping me to decide to not leave random stuff around in a pasture. I have a ton of cleanup to do yet.

The previous owner left what I assume is a burn pile, that was fun to mow around.

Took the plunge and start to plow up one of the fields. This is never plowed virgin ground so it was rough. This was also my first time plowing so be kind :)

the 4707 handled the 4 bottom well. I'm sure it could have been easier if I bother to learn to use the draft control and the ground wasn't so hard. I won't lie I'm kind of excited for when I can tune this thing up to 100hp

Bonus videos of the excavator I hired to help remove big boulders around the fields.

c5AeMZxdd-PzJTK1yiE7A3CROZmQt_aehYrZtK8GJJ2eNCg4XIZ-RwCukq5ZDqsIZkir_a8K04N_VJE8CCmt6cS7Z29qmlB5PzV5RYqD1dclTG_Sk09dRDXyRa25j1b94gnSBZ-6JN6hTJBBAXLJhdUZ5xx1YnUZJTSmaDD6TFFr7uevhJmI4o8cx7nupRYKngbqsSRWv2qWtJN5lbZFYnquFUZYAP_InhMqez9FoSMzAqhNmixThjyLKFDdXsR5wkzYkoBWhPSc22Ut83eHr3pvY-QF1gF3nACuos8pk24uE56idpIAFykpfiZstqZE0XoSt1K7eCyBslgLs_y7N9u1HuuboNVoiTgL8a11ONr2aA8zkZnTyaNac-mjNcu4i6HSpvntEs1zqH5NvW4tgKi_zwLa3GVA0pUsRWPXqGn2LBHWbAxysB-MA446BL9cv1wh_M113iZvpWGp6tvoETl7xjkiVHOvgQR-Y7vAKEntv5FOFECFh8Igjf_cR7sxH535-Oq3Q24Jnw1bf-VSrgxR4hGgVV8nRGmBsFK9s5b3RYDR_vXbUvk45rFlgEh58ZjAc7Hf5xkN56dPc_YjlaVyOefaFg4ZTiAzw00j4hTWPz3k8qfGu0T0hpkWVSnm4PJlUntEA9TSgUOcvOGx7fl8TASpNpG5qGsGU0lyY1bDAft--v8riQyvRuELm9lt321iyujydmx1U8V8BuNGzikkj8Rkr_lMY5YhyG3FiSaO009cbyylpdQoFcb336E=w2377-h1337-no
N1oAAGOErl6CpupS3CUXaVbvLEBK15bCfa3_vQeqQXWPpwfGplZq5FrRZ5J64MOuv8NAtntJFpNN4BhVgJbf9lKcTvio9PYnJlVJ-SlWSbh2_l1QbWSFLt5NH76IAVd_Y1_GTwfFW-YfgGHjANt-N9CfxXbN5ULZk3JSHTqGtxVk8nEAa03LN0HCY1x1nY0hBYCl2Sq5302K75s3s0bcCdjGRY38IU5B4ETU1-ZMEc3xBKh-loXDV0EhsNmU6TKjcAZ5081cPWGma5UWk4j69kPz8LxlechtCq84p1LjxcfDFXSYeeaq7hyfhmWANiYUoB8VTP41Bh4eSgkJcnfKru-WF00lUNDUv0zYpE4ImoYwgfbMP9fuuPPc911zrYjd-ZMrwttzDcdbPbkKs7D4kUl0VmjgaETtNgSogG6v_Xhl0-3afVane2swoRQ14127z17SsVP7YXPjcXxDXX_sFSuZ1Ewg0uu6THE182o9lHe5ae6EGT39A_n7DNxCwluA5EeNv8Vm8HwLlNCjHBTL9efPdurIN85A8K4euKbkn-FXr7ghc--xHnzNnwLYe42Jv0rTFrjAyWGe4pQ8P9sGqKFP2yRm_5Rt_LzwXwBPtUz-ANDY0r2pq3rdE9X88kIXnUYBd9I1eeWzTSRWRcAJfq8AO-w3EYQ3XbmbWaW4j8-lMkXV5VM9ghVA4sfaamIkROTt0tcEr2iOX6de_wSgsBVK7Nw1bk6Suu7xZ3inNeCQFSeIO5wcQw8M_zH1leg=w2377-h1337-no

after plowing it and letting it sit for a bit I finally started discing it. It's slowly starting to look like a field. My farmer neighbor says its going to take a few years of planting, then plowing and discing for it to really smooth out.

/ Pasture restoration Citidiot style #19  
Those curious cattle are funny. Same thing happened to me with the neighbor's herd. I "chomped" the grapple several times and they scattered.

leveled and rocked the field as best I could given the timeline, we needed to seed sooner than later. My neighbors have been very supportive of me getting interested in farming and are helping guide me and provide some services. This field was pasture, never plowed. I can say now I've successfully broken ground and planted a crop in it. It might be small but its a big step for me having never done anything like this. 9 months ago I lived in a suburb and I didn't think I would ever "farm" even if I moved out to the county. I hope to convert more pasture in the coming seasons, if not fully tillable at least mowable - they are terrible as you can see from the progress pics.