Pat's Easy Change Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online!

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #692  
I bought a set of Pat's easy change attachments about 4 years ago. They have spent the last 3 or so years laying in the shop as scrap iron. Best money I spent was for a 3pt quick hitch and then modifying the things I use the most often to fit that. A **** of a lot easier to use.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #693  
Re: Pat\'s Easy Change System - Order Online!

I threw a set of pats away about a month ago after they had been sitting in one of the out buildings floor for several years. Kept stumping my toe on the blasted things. Tried them and didn’t like the way they worked so went to quick hitch and never looked back.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #694  

I threw a set of pats away about a month ago after they had been sitting in one of the out buildings floor for several years. Kept stumping my toe on the blasted things. Tried them and didn稚 like the way they worked so went to quick hitch and never looked back.

I used mine for awhile, but decided they were far more trouble than they were worth. They most likely would be ok for a hobby farmer on an acreage who uses his tractor for light duty occasionally, but for someone like me who farms and really uses his tractor, they weren't worth a bum rap. Hooking up was a time consuming event that was best done with a 2nd person present. Also the bolts that hold the couplers in alignment won't tolerate much with heavy or hard usage. They wouldn't stay tight due to the bolts mushrooming under hard usage. This made the removal a real pain in the rectum. After I FINALLY managed to get the bolts backed out so I could remove the couplers, I tossed them in the corner. I'd considered using grade 8 bolts, but decided that could really cause some problems, so I also went to a quick hitch and never looked back also.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #695  

I used mine for awhile, but decided they were far more trouble than they were worth. They most likely would be ok for a hobby farmer on an acreage who uses his tractor for light duty occasionally, but for someone like me who farms and really uses his tractor, they weren't worth a bum rap. Hooking up was a time consuming event that was best done with a 2nd person present. Also the bolts that hold the couplers in alignment won't tolerate much with heavy or hard usage. They wouldn't stay tight due to the bolts mushrooming under hard usage. This made the removal a real pain in the rectum. After I FINALLY managed to get the bolts backed out so I could remove the couplers, I tossed them in the corner. I'd considered using grade 8 bolts, but decided that could really cause some problems, so I also went to a quick hitch and never looked back also.

Grade 5 bolts work fine with the Pat's, and they can be readily drilled out (LH bits preferred) if they should ever break off.
I like my Pat's Easy Change, but then too I only do play with my equipment.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #696  

Grade 5 bolts work fine with the Pat's, and they can be readily drilled out (LH bits preferred) if they should ever break off.
I like my Pat's Easy Change, but then too I only do play with my equipment.

My grade 5 bolts mushroomed bad enough it allowed the couplers to be loose on the 3pt arms and move around. I had one heck of a time backing them out to get the adapters off the arms. Having to drill them out would be a real pain. For serious work a quick hitch is the only answer.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #697  

My grade 5 bolts mushroomed bad enough it allowed the couplers to be loose on the 3pt arms and move around. I had one heck of a time backing them out to get the adapters off the arms. Having to drill them out would be a real pain. For serious work a quick hitch is the only answer.

Your grade 5 bolts?
The Pat's is shipped with grade 2 bolts.
Are you indicating that you had already replaced the manufacturers grade 2 bolts with grade 5?

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #698  

Your grade 5 bolts?
The Pat's is shipped with grade 2 bolts.
Are you indicating that you had already replaced the manufacturers grade 2 bolts with grade 5?

No, they were the stock bolts, I mistyped. I thought about putting in harder bolts, but had so much trouble getting the originals out, so I could remove the adapters, I decided against using harder bolts. If they'd of twisted off, it would have created a real mess. Drilling them out would have been a real pain, and would have taken up some real time. Most likely that would have resulted in screwing up the threaded holes in the adapters as one would have had to use a drill bit about as big as the bolt as trying to remove them with an easy out would have been an effort in futility. A true quick hitch was the solution. Easier to hook up and a lot quicker.

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #699  
WOW just WOW.

Back to the drawing board???

/ Pat's Easy Change System - Order Online! #700  
WOW just WOW.

Back to the drawing board???

They used to have weld on one's available, maybe still do. A good blacksmith could install those. That would cure the bolt problem if you were able to install them at the proper angle. The only problem might be crystallization of the metal, from the welding heat, which might fail under very hard usage. But for light or normal usage they would most likely be more than adequate and wouldn't be such an eyesore as the others. Plus you may be able to install them in a way that wouldn't result in the 4" lengthening of the arms that can result in needing a longer top link. Just a thought for the acreage boys.