People name their boats. Why not name your tractor?

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #32  
When I was a kid, my step dad had Minnie Mo and a Sad Case (SC model) if that counts :)

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #36  
When I bought my JD X740 a few years back, it was used, having been a commercial lawn mower for a while, and traded in on a new one. On the back of the seat was applied one of those large hardware store white stick on numbers "2". As I looked across the back seat, and large green hood, it came to me: Thunderbird 2, from the 1960's kids TV show. It stuck, until a few weeks ago, when Thunderbird 2, and some other very appreciated machines were lost in a fire. Thunderbird 2 has been replaced with a new 1025R, I don't know if the name will carry over, family discussion...

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #37  
Yikes! Do you really drive over rattlers? I’d still be too afraid!

MoKelly
Used to happen a lot here. Had one get stuck in the dozer track and get flipped up on the fender next too me. The flock of Roadrunners that stay around the place have pretty much eradicated them. Still killed two coral snakes this year though. o_O

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #39  
I call mine 26 and 45 and the last one is OL Blue cause that what my old neighbor called it.

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #40  
I named mine "easy monthly payments".