People name their boats. Why not name your tractor?

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #71  
   / People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #72  
Veronica.... She's good looking and works hard around here. :)

0526211246b.jpg

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #73  
I name mine generally from the name of the previous owner, if it works. My 3930 is "Ronnie" after the gentleman farmer friend I purchased him from; the model 1920 is "Frankie" after the man I bought him from. My 1944 9N was my father-in-law George's - he acquired the name "George" long before I owned him because his key-fob said "George" so that the half-dozen or so neighbors who used him frequently would know the right key.
My L2850 SHOULD have been "Kurt the Kubota" after the guy I bought him from, but that man turned out to be such an a@&%#*& by the time we closed the deal that THAT was ruled out, so he's "Knipper" after a particularly difficult biting Walking horse stud that was an ugly, gnarly beast from too many times ramming his head through barbed wire (some previous owner obviously rolled the tractor with a heavy high bucket; many ugly weld repairs to FEL arms and front end).
I name everything: Grizz, the rAT, Linda (the Blue Bayou), Mickey, Ned. The wife named her Gator Cubby. All part of 'the family'.

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #74  
Annie.

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #75  
Fannie
Sitting on this all day you'll understand
49843-Thumbnail-01.jpg

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #76  
My tractor told me that I don't even have to call it by it's name....so I just call it "Darlin", Darlin...!

Last edited:
   / People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #77  
LOL, at times I call mine "#@**_%#", when it won't start!
I learned a few combinations when grandpa‘s manual start JD B wouldn’t pop!

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #78  
My Kubota L2550 GST is named Clementine as in the small orange.

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #79  
The Kubota 7100 is 'Toy' or 'Toy Tractor' and the JD 710j is 'Bertha'. Absolutely no disrespect to the Kubota. It gets used more often. But when it can't do the job....

/ People name their boats. Why not name your tractor? #80  
I only have a row boat. It's name - row boat. Likewise my tractors name - tractor.