pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #221  
F-series I presume? That's would be good mileage for a small truck, let alone a full-size!
Running ethanol free gas, I had gotten close to 30mpg average with a 2010 Ram 1500 (with the multi-displacement 5.7L Hemi and most fuel efficient axle ratio) on a tank or two during trips from Alabama to Minnesota.

However, normal commute driving for me (mostly highway) was usually mid-20's on ethanol-free gasoline and a bit lower on gas that may have been up to 15% ethanol.

Recently I've heard that some of the newer 3/4 ton trucks may even be getting up to high 20s/low 30's when running empty..... haven't seen it myself yet, but I wouldn't be surprised given some of the 1//2 ton trucks have been getting into that fuel economy range in the last few years.

It's pretty amazing what has been happening with engines in the last few years..... all those electronics in modern engines are really working to squeeze the energy out of every last drop of fuel.

/ pickup truck size #222  
Yup went from a 7.3 PS 6-speed manual to a 3.5 ecoboost 6 speed automatic. Hills the 7.3 was to the floor in 5th towing, ecoboost hardly has the pedal pushed. Pull in 6th gear 1800 RPM easy on the flat. I've had it sideways many times on pavement and you have to watch the speedometer since it's silent. Can't say that about the 7.3. The 7.3 was more of a working truck and had stronger suspension and brakes as you said. Loved to hear the 7.3 pull but not being able to hear the radio or talk to a passenger while turning 3000 RPM in 5th every grade on the 4 lane wasn't fun.
And they say the F150 PowerBoost is even better...

/ pickup truck size #223  
correct weight does -- and at this point a modern 3/4-ton truck pulling a trailer (even ones that may not hit the max advertised towing capacity) can go over 26,000 lbs GCWR.

At which point the various state & federal regulations may start to take effect depending on exemptions and/or state regulations - and where a person is driving.

For example the newest Ram 2500's have an advertised max towing capacity of 20,000lbs....and base weight for the lightest configurations is more than 6000lbs.
Weight determines the class of license. Use determines the type. Hauling your equipment or goods for your own personal use is onee thing. Hauling for money or prizes is where the commercial part comes into play.

/ pickup truck size #224  
Weight determines the class of license. Use determines the type. Hauling your equipment or goods for your own personal use is onee thing. Hauling for money or prizes is where the commercial part comes into play.
True - though the "personal use" criteria seem to vary by state. An RV or horse trailer is probably a safe bet in most states, but other things (like heavy equipment) I wouldn't be so sure that the initial assumption would be towards it being personal use rather than commercial use with having to prove it in court. ....but again it varies by state (or possibly even LEO to LEO)

....and it's part of the reason I likely won't be moving out of Alabama after having moved and lived here awhile since the rules are quite a bit different than they are in the surrounding states (I've looked).

/ pickup truck size #225  
F-series I presume? That's would be good mileage for a small truck, let alone a full-size!
2016 F150 Supercab 4x4, 3.55 locking diff. With my Yamaha Kodiak (my leveling kit!) in the back. One of the main reasons I went with a Ford instead of a Ram or GM is the bed was long enough that I could load the Kodiak and still close the tailgate. Couldn't do that with a Chevy or Dodge...just barely fits in the Ford.
P1003877er.jpg

/ pickup truck size #226  
2016 F150 Supercab 4x4, 3.55 locking diff. With my Yamaha Kodiak (my leveling kit!) in the back. One of the main reasons I went with a Ford instead of a Ram or GM is the bed was long enough that I could load the Kodiak and still close the tailgate. Couldn't do that with a Chevy or Dodge...just barely fits in the Ford.
View attachment 702521

Nice looking truck, deserteagle! I had a silver one once, but now SWMBO insists on white. I am on my 4th, and the next one will be Ecobeast!

/ pickup truck size #227  
I actually like the white truck, black grill, chrome bumper look. Work truck looking.

/ pickup truck size #228  
Every time someone makes a tractor purchase thread, everyone always says buy the biggest one you can afford but still fits your application.

This way of thinking also applies to the trailers people use to haul their tractors around. Everyone always says buy one at least 2-4ft longer than you need because you’ll find more stuff to put on there.

Both theories, go along with the buy it once mentality.

In my opinion, the same goes for trucks.
In my case, it does everything. It’s a jack of all trades.

If you can buy a bigger/better truck and it makes sense to you, (not to anyone else) do it.

/ pickup truck size #229  
^ says the guys who drives a school bus as a daily, lol (mega cab). :ROFLMAO: