Pictures of an athletic field contractor

/ Pictures of an athletic field contractor #31  
I did construction layout on a fake grass field at the local college, Western Illinois. I’m not sure there is much maintenance to do. It’s the kind with the rubber chucks in the turf, I’m not sure if that needs raked once in a while or not.

/ Pictures of an athletic field contractor #32  
I did construction layout on a fake grass field at the local college, Western Illinois. I’m not sure there is much maintenance to do. It’s the kind with the rubber chucks in the turf, I’m not sure if that needs raked once in a while or not.
Sweeping to even out the pellets ( frequency depends on use) and vacuum to remove debris (yearly)are maintenance local fields receive. All equipment to maintain is either gas or diesel powered

/ Pictures of an athletic field contractor
Instead of topdressing with the spin spreader, we dumped the sand on the field with a dump trailer, then spread it with the blade. This field was very rough with holes and tire tracks everywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3854.jpeg
    IMG_3854.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3857.jpeg
    IMG_3857.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 63
Today we ran the recycling dresser on a soccer field. This machine will topdress, aerate, and verticut in one pass. And it saves the cost of sand, because it recycles the sand that is already in the soil profile by bringing it back to the surface. This will save the customer 40-60% compared to doing it other ways. The only thing is there has to be enough sand already in the soil profile
This field was a perfect candidate for this machine because 2 years ago, we added about 4” of sand and then sodded this field

IMG_3860.jpeg

After the recycling dresser, we ran the UniRake in 2 directions to redistribute the sand that had been deposited on top. It was raining most of the time we were working.
IMG_3864.jpeg
IMG_3863.jpeg

/ Pictures of an athletic field contractor #37  
Today we ran the recycling dresser on a soccer field. This machine will topdress, aerate, and verticut in one pass. And it saves the cost of sand, because it recycles the sand that is already in the soil profile by bringing it back to the surface. This will save the customer 40-60% compared to doing it other ways. The only thing is there has to be enough sand already in the soil profile
This field was a perfect candidate for this machine because 2 years ago, we added about 4” of sand and then sodded this field

View attachment 872722

After the recycling dresser, we ran the UniRake in 2 directions to redistribute the sand that had been deposited on top. It was raining most of the time we were working.
View attachment 872723View attachment 872724
I imagine it aerates the soil really good as well which should really be good for grass growth.

/ Pictures of an athletic field contractor #38  
Do you reseed after that or will it take on it's own ?

Do you reseed after that or will it take on it's own ?
We do not reseed. 98% of all athletic fields are bermuda grass. Bermuda does not need to be reseeded. It spreads by stolons which are like underground stems.
This field will recover in about 2 weeks and you will not be able to tell we were there.

/ Pictures of an athletic field contractor #40  
Is this your busy season? School is out, and before Summer Football practice begins?