Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,941  
Never heard of Beaver Creek. Turns out I'm less than an hour away (Cadillac). Go figure.

I drive home last night through 4"+ of fresh stuff. Get home (45 min) and barely a dusting. Go figure.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,942  
Never heard of Beaver Creek. Turns out I'm less than an hour away (Cadillac). Go figure.

I drive home last night through 4"+ of fresh stuff. Get home (45 min) and barely a dusting. Go figure.

is Beaver Creek near Otsego lake? Jon

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,944  
Where 127 and 75 split, per the Google maps.

there is a Beaver Creek Resort? that is west of Otsego Lake. I think there is a township of Beaver Creek in the Grayling, MI area also. Jon

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,945  
This new hydraulic plow in conjunction with my Yamaha Rhino are a great combo: IMG_4287.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,946  
Here's my M-F GC2300 with 2360 Blower. Mods as follows:

Curtis Cab (velcro re-done this year)
Curtis Heater
36" Light Bar on top of cab
(2) 18W LED work lights near bottom of ROPS
Linear Actuator on Deflector
1/8" UHMW on back of chute/deflector
Spare garage door opener clipped to cupholder... :)

I have a set of Euro-style chains but haven't felt the need for them yet.

1513121629063_PART_1513121628937.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,947  
Never seen chains on front only

I did that on my old Ford HD Industrial as well as my plow truck. On the tractor it's because I was cheap and could run 16" truck tire chains (which I already had) on it, instead of spending $500 on rear chains. On my plow truck it's because I was cheap (are you sensing a trend here?) and there is more weight on the front of a p/u than the rear, so it is actually more effective.

In either case, having more control over the direction you're going is a big advantage over skating around wherever the plow wants to push you*. For sure, chains on all four would be the ultimate, but even just the front is amazing.

*I ran an angle plow on the tractor too - just an old manual job I rigged to the bucket.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,948  
This new hydraulic plow in conjunction with my Yamaha Rhino are a great combo:View attachment 533358

What is that contraption on the rear end? Never seen or heard of a hydraulic plow. Need more info on this one to help quench my intellectual thirst for knowledge.:)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,949  
What is that contraption on the rear end? Never seen or heard of a hydraulic plow. Need more info on this one to help quench my intellectual thirst for knowledge.:)

Log skidder plate with winch.