Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,601  
slim
Click on the "go advanced" button, then on the "manage attachments" button. There you will see how to "Add Files" and browse to your pic on file. Upload it and you should be good to go.. (that is how I do it)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,602  
Not quite understanding the reasoning for "grooming" a trail to use for the "cutter" sleigh. What for?

because of the trees. some parts had 12" of snow and other under the trees were bare. by running the blower thru there, all the trails have a pretty even patch of snow. then i run the quad thru it and clean up branches and pack down snow. the runs are great after that. as long as it stays cold that is

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,603  
For snowmobile trails, its because they are torn up from the sleds using them and need to be groomed to spread some snow back on the track. Exposed dirt otherwise.

Looks like a fun time for all, for sure.

Funny, I always thought that grooming snowmobile trails was to fluff up the snow for those liquid cooled engines that need fluffy snow to cool down the rad boards under the foot boards on the sled and to make the rides smoother.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,604  
Yup, that is funny. :D

Tks grsthegreat, that makes good sense.. more enjoyable ride through the woods... ?? to grandmothers' house?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,605  
Around here they groom the trails to pack the snow down a more solid base to keep them from damaging the soil underneath. So much BS about soil erosion and destruction that all the ATV/off road trails are shut down and blocked off, but sleds have 100's if not 1,000's of miles of trails because they don't tear up the terrain.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,606  
Well my 4 person sleigh is a newer fiberglass body with nylon shoes over the steel runner, with bobsled articulating front runners. They go over the gravel just fine. The cutter is a vintage 1920-1930 model, all original. Light wieght steel runners. I dont want to damage them driving in gravel

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,607  
Funny, I always thought that grooming snowmobile trails was to fluff up the snow for those liquid cooled engines that need fluffy snow to cool down the rad boards under the foot boards on the sled and to make the rides smoother.
”Utility sleds have long, wide tracks and skis to handle unpacked snow. Turns out they aren’t that popular. The sleds we have (two Yamaha four strokes) don’t work very well in deep, unpacked snow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,608  
Here's my new addition to the snow removal team. Not totally finished but far enough that I can plow with it. Want to add power angle and an auxiliary light bar. 1225181501.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,609  
Re: Pictures of your snow weapons. New Front Chains and Bought another set

What cab kit is that? I would love the same for my L39.

New Front Chains plus I bought another set. I snapped up the latest chains n Amazon. A warehouse special deal.
I Just put a cheap set of Chinese knock offs on the tractor. They should last 3-4 good storms.
The new chains are supposedly manganese alloy steel. We will see if they stand up better.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091RCIR6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Another year, another few pounds of weld metal in the old plow.
These look mean and expensive!
Aquiline Tire Chains

Update 11-20-18:
We got + 6" of snow as we are at 1,000 ft. Elev.
My sweetie has the week off, so she did 2 hours of plowing. I came home from work and plowed for another 2-1/2 hours.
It is going to get cold and the wet snow would to to ice chunk, so I cleaned up well.
I plow too much area.

Area between house and equipment building is 85' x 200' =17,000 ft^2 (Miserable without a snow pusher or Blower.)
Along side house and garage is 40' x 150' =6000 ft^2. ft^2 (A snow pusher would be good for part of this, plow for remainder.)
Back of house and kennel area is 2000 ft^2 (Good plow work)
Area by lean-to is about 1,500 ft^2 (Good snow pusher work)
Road around barn & up to Manure Pile is 300' X 12' = 3,600 ft^2 (Good plow work)
Turn around area at Barn is about 1,600 ft^2 (A snow pusher would be good for part of this, plow for remainder.)
driveway is 1200' x 12' =24,000 ft^2 (Fairly easy plowing with the old Fisher, Good plow work)

Total of 55,700 ft^2, more than an acre!

I wish I had a snow pusher, better yet two good size cabbed tractors one with snow pusher on front, blower on rear.
Then I wish my L39 would grow into an M59 with cab & a 9' V plow.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,610  
thank you!