Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,641  
grsthegreat this winter has been unusually warm. We have gotten about 1 1/2 feet of snow compared to other years of the minimum of 4 feet. I have blown the driveway 3 times because of small storms of 3-4 inches then it got mild, melted and froze then another 3-4 inches etc etc this pattern all winter. Then the deep freeze came -4 for a few days now it should start warming up to about 31 or so this week maybe another little snow storm. What bothers me is we never know when the big one will come and I have to be ready for it with a clean driveway or I will be in trouble if it hits if you catch my drift lol.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,642  
chim

What size plow is planned for the L4240 ? Look forward to seeing pics of the build.

Been 20 years now (time flies wow!!) since fabbing the mount on the front of my JD 4300 for a 7' Western plow blade. Has been a dream to plow with but only one time so far this year... New Years Eve.
I believe mine is an 8'. On my L4060, which is basically the new model of a L4240. It seems about the right size. Occasionally I'd like it a hair narrower, but not often. I wouldnt go any bigger.

A frame mount would be nice for a more compact setup & less lateral push, but I like the flexibility of SSQA to much. 20170109_181006.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,643  
Beenthere and Fallon - there's an 8' Fisher at work that will be a donor for the stuff I need. It has cylinders for power angling and my tractor already has the third function lines on the loader. I bought new hoses, connectors and a restrictor (sounds necessary). I did receive a plate from Titan that wouldn't lock on my quick attach, so they're sending another that I hope gets here this week.

Nice looking blade there, Fallon.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,644  
I believe mine is an 8'. On my L4060, which is basically the new model of a L4240. It seems about the right size. Occasionally I'd like it a hair narrower, but not often. I wouldnt go any bigger.

A frame mount would be nice for a more compact setup & less lateral push, but I like the flexibility of SSQA to much.View attachment 586990
Scamp?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,645  
20190112_123130.jpg

Pushing back the banks in the yard . Any reason at all to start it up :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,646  
Beenthere and Fallon - there's an 8' Fisher at work that will be a donor for the stuff I need. It has cylinders for power angling and my tractor already has the third function lines on the loader. I bought new hoses, connectors and a restrictor (sounds necessary). I did receive a plate from Titan that wouldn't lock on my quick attach, so they're sending another that I hope gets here this week.

Nice looking blade there, Fallon.
It's a solid mount, which I knew when I bought it. It works, but I want to put a flex mount between the plow frame & SSQA. Probably a project for this summer.

The home built unit I made for my L3200 used a hinge & chain. It followed the ground a bit better & didnt dig up as much gravel.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,647  
Boller actually. 1972 13'. Which was copied by Scamp & Casita years later. That's a photo from last year & we have since sold it. It needed a remodel inside, but the shell & frame was solid. We'd actually already had a 17' Casita. Same basic trailer only stretched so it will fit a bathroom & some other stuff.

I love the fiberglass shell trailers. Those shells are so solid & durable. A 1970s vintage stick built trailer would have been in the dump for a few decades instead of being worth about $3k. It weighed less than 1k lbs & my wife use to tow it with a geo tracker growing up.IMG_20150423_194147.jpegIMG_20150605_141955.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,649  
Old but not forgotten. This is as hard of work as the D19 gets these days. She earned retirement the hard way.PART951547400275275.jpeg