Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,811  
This one is a 204 with reverse o matic but since it's mine for the taking and I think it will run with a little TLC I plan to give it a shot it is the gas engine (would be nice if it were diesel from what I've read about it) He also has a skid loader I may try to show some love to that as well. going to be busy with all this.

Very nice. They’re a powerful machine, if it’s got a loader with front mounted pump you have yourself a great machine. Put some weight in the back of it (filled tires, wheel weights, ballast box, etc...) and it’ll lift a good amount of weight. Post pics in the vintage Massey section when you get around to it!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,812  
Very nice. They’re a powerful machine, if it’s got a loader with front mounted pump you have yourself a great machine. Put some weight in the back of it (filled tires, wheel weights, ballast box, etc...) and it’ll lift a good amount of weight. Post pics in the vintage Massey section when you get around to it!

Thanks I will post a revival thread once I get started on it if it ever warms up and stops snowing

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,813  
EADB055B-308B-4338-97D2-EF2159334D76.jpegEADB055B-308B-4338-97D2-EF2159334D76.jpeg. We got another 10 last night

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,814  
had 18"+ new snowfall over past 24 hours. Caught a break today so i was able to clear off our place and 8 neighbors places in between working in town. Was 24 outside, but inside i had to turn down the heater...even though i was in shirtsleeves.shirt.jpg ac control.jpg

deep snow . the front blower worked great as always...snow 1.jpg snow 2.jpg snow 4.jpg snow 3.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,815  
Pictures 2018 053.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,816  
Had enough snow here that I had to decide which mound was the car and which was the tractor.
With drifting I had areas that had 3 feet of snow and average was close to 24 inches.
Where my drive meets the city road I had a real challenge as the city plow really filled in my entrance way.
My 'drift cutters' on the blower are 48 inches high and at times not enough.

Fortunately I have learned many techniques as basically I'm underpowered for my 60 inch blower but it was very time consuming.
Like blowing the top half on the first pass followed by the bottom remainder on second pass and next pass taking only 1/2 blower width etc.

Driving is getting hazardous what with all those high snow banks as you can't see cars emerging until its too late.
Worst yet is the guy that won't shovel and simply blast his way out.
By the same token the emerging driver is blind up to the point that he can see from his side window.

And some of you guys actually enjoy snow???

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,817  
^ that exact reason is why my wife was hit by another driver a few years ago.

Some guy and his girlfriend tried to pull out of a side road onto the main road my wife was on. Luckily my wife was only doing 45mph, she swerved and avoided a direct hit/t-bone into his driver side door. Still ended up clipping his front left corner with her front right.

Both her airbags popped, gave her and her sister burns on their faces and chests. Took the whole front off her car, snapped lower control arm.

When police interviewed the guy, he said he couldn’t see so he just went for it.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,818  
Had enough snow here that I had to decide which mound was the car and which was the tractor.
With drifting I had areas that had 3 feet of snow and average was close to 24 inches.
Where my drive meets the city road I had a real challenge as the city plow really filled in my entrance way.
My 'drift cutters' on the blower are 48 inches high and at times not enough.

Fortunately I have learned many techniques as basically I'm underpowered for my 60 inch blower but it was very time consuming.
Like blowing the top half on the first pass followed by the bottom remainder on second pass and next pass taking only 1/2 blower width etc.

Driving is getting hazardous what with all those high snow banks as you can't see cars emerging until its too late.
Worst yet is the guy that won't shovel and simply blast his way out.
By the same token the emerging driver is blind up to the point that he can see from his side window.

And some of you guys actually enjoy snow???

We only got a inch or two but the wind was howling all night and by morning I had some 3-4 foot drifts. They were fun to clean up.:mad:

I have decided next year I'll have a blower for my tractor, I'm running out of room to push the snow. If I blow it away it'll be better. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,819  
I got the chance to use a Kioti yesterday. The hydraulics were slow, and the drive by wire pedal system left a lot to be desired. It was nice to be in a cab, to bad the seat was uncomfortable. For me, I probably would not buy one. IMG_20190213_123404219.jpegIMG_20190213_123342972.jpegIMG_20190213_123357985.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #4,820  
skills4lou
The hydraulics were slow, and the drive by wire pedal system left a lot to be desired.
Would higher RPM's make a differents?