Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,111  
Got a bit of snow the past few days, and downright cold. Forecast is not looking too good short term.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,112  
Not as much as some of you all but Ohio Finally got some snow to clear off. Got my neighbor and myself dug out. Lightish snow around 7”, Mahindra 5555 (no ballast) with ag tires, using just the bucket, I was surprised how well Ag tires on this tractor did in snow, I had no traction issues, my last tractor with R4s spun bad and I almost bought chains.

Image1612891993.452380.jpg IMG_7517.JPG

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,113  
Not as much as some of you all but Ohio Finally got some snow to clear off. Got my neighbor and myself dug out. Lightish snow around 7”, Mahindra 5555 (no ballast) with ag tires, using just the bucket, I was surprised how well Ag tires on this tractor did in snow, I had no traction issues, my last tractor with R4s spun bad and I almost bought chains.

Loader buckets are not the speediest snow removal tool, but guaranteed to work in 1" to 3 feet of snow. If I were just clearing my driveway, I would be using just the bucket.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,114  
Loader buckets are not the speediest snow removal tool, but guaranteed to work in 1" to 3 feet of snow. If I were just clearing my driveway, I would be using just the bucket.

Image1612901127.048055.jpg

I have this blade in the barn, it’s got a rubber cutting edge, I’ll deff have it mounted on the FEL before next winter and I’ll zip threw the snow. This is my first year using a bucket, it tends to scratch concrete and dig in the yard if I’m not paying attention, don’t like that result. But got the snow cleared. This is 3rd time clearing snow this year, average is 3-4 times a year.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,115  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,116  
Those snow numbers are really hard to imagine for most of us. Looking at your pictures, it dawned on me that you really have no choice other than blowing do you? I'm guessing that you may have some settling or melting during the season, but still, after about 60-80" there is no more "pushing back" the banks without ridiculous machinery.
I can't explain how sad I am for you guys, can't imagine getting by with 100" by early February. :thumbsup::laughing:
Thanks for the pics.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,117  
IMG_5706.JPGIMG_5705.JPGIMG_5705.JPGDSfkmKvVwAAKOXz.jpgDSfkmKvVwAAKOXz.jpg
Thank You. Here are some pictures of what it usually looks like about the end of December or beginning of January. So all and all we have had a pretty easy winter up until now.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,118  
I have this blade in the barn, it’s got a rubber cutting edge, I’ll deff have it mounted on the FEL before next winter and I’ll zip threw the snow. This is my first year using a bucket, it tends to scratch concrete and dig in the yard if I’m not paying attention, don’t like that result. But got the snow cleared. This is 3rd time clearing snow this year, average is 3-4 times a year.

Yeah, steel is hard on concrete. I run a rear blade with a polyurethane edge for concrete, or where customers do not want any marks on the pavement. I think next year I'm going to try UHMW polyethylene edges both front and rear.

If you can tolerate leaving 1/2" of snow on your driveway, a set of "Edge Tamers" keep the bucket off the ground, and let you push snow off and into grass without digging in. I use mine on occasion, and they work well.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,119  
The snow guns are going strong in the Keweenaw. Looks like old man winter is trying to make up for the mild winter we have had up to now. We just broke the 100" mark this week. We normally have well over 200" by now. This is what I have been doing everyday for the past 6 days.View attachment 685938View attachment 685939View attachment 685940View attachment 685941

Assuming that is another snowblower on the three point arms, do you use both, one forward and the other backwards? If so do you leave both PTO's engaged all the time?

Snowfall amounts in the lower peninsula are also down. Stay warm. Jon

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,120  
I think that's a first for me. Seeing a blower front and rear.