PINE logs anyone?

/ PINE logs anyone? #41  
Whos the guy in Virginia on here that has a saw mill and is always posting his new shed and carport builds? Maybe he would take your logs.

Hate to see that much good wood go up in smoke for no benefit. Be patient.

/ PINE logs anyone? #42  
just saw a sheet of 1/2" plywood at lowes. $75.00

maybe i should sell my wood chips and a can of glue for a make it yourself plywood kit

/ PINE logs anyone? #43  
Wish I was driving distance. That's a nice pile of logs. I'd take a couple loads for firewood.

/ PINE logs anyone? #45  
These guys might be able to answer your questions. I believe they handle mostly hardwood, but they're not far from you on your east county line.

/ PINE logs anyone? #46  
I've three times now hired a potable sawyer to make me usable lumber from large pines.
He charges by the hour with a minimum of 2 hrs.
Fortunately I have a HD planer plus assorted tools so I've been able to make some nice furniture.
Each occasion I did a cost analysis and came out well ahead of yard prices, and that was B4 these crazy Covid era price hikes.

OK, downside is the wait time for the drying process.

My drying set up is to laugh, it consists of old tin roofing on top of stack with sides made from same material. I orient this creation to maximize sun exposure and it works 4 me. (I own a probe to check humidity)

/ PINE logs anyone? #47  
Have pine logs galore from the lot clearing and I don't know what to do with them?
Average 16 to 24 inches in diameter.
Don't have a dump trailer so I can't take them anywhere.
Contacted a couple lumber places and they weren't too interested since they were pine?
Any sugesstions or ideas would be appreciated.View attachment 699958
Wish I were near you, I’d take them no doubt.

/ PINE logs anyone? #48  
Out here in western Montana we saw them up, split'em, let them dry and they burn hot. Was raised burning pine for heat. Good luck.

/ PINE logs anyone? #49  
I was able to give away a truckload of pine when we first built this place. It's white pine; I wouldn't burn it myself: too much creosote for the stove and too many sparks for the fireplace.

A friend of mine cleared out a red-pine plantation recently and made a little money selling the wood for chips to be burned in a wood-fired generating plant. (Our red pines are dying from some kind of infestation or fungus.) We tried to do the same thing with white pine a few years ago, but wouldn't you know, the wood-fired plant was shut down that fall and it had to be hauled into the next state, which just about zeroed out the project.

/ PINE logs anyone? #50  
Don't burn soft wood indoor fireplace.