PINE logs anyone?

/ PINE logs anyone? #91  
With the price of lumber get a saw mill and sell the lumber

/ PINE logs anyone? #92  
unless they're really dirty, it seems that there should be folks around with small portable mills sawmills that would want to saw them on shares. I've never had a problem finding someone when I had logs to get rid of. If you can't get it done on shares, it should be worthwhile to have someone come in and sw them then stack it until you have use for the lumber

/ PINE logs anyone? #93  
   / PINE logs anyone? #94  
Have pine logs galore from the lot clearing and I don't know what to do with them?
Average 16 to 24 inches in diameter.
Don't have a dump trailer so I can't take them anywhere.
Contacted a couple lumber places and they weren't too interested since they were pine?
Any sugesstions or ideas would be appreciated.View attachment 699958
Where r u located

/ PINE logs anyone? #95  
Have pine logs galore from the lot clearing and I don't know what to do with them?
Contacted a couple lumber places and they weren't too interested since they were pine?

/ PINE logs anyone? #97  
Where are you located? Depending on distance, I am interested!

/ PINE logs anyone? #98  
Those look like Virginia pine. Not the best pine species for lumber, but I have had some very nice boards made out of it. It isn't particularly strong and can be knotty, but I've actually used Virginia pine 3 x 10's as beams and they're doing great. The lumber is a nice white color, smells good, nails and paints well. Anyway, the largest of those logs are worth the trouble to convert into lumber, by somebody. The rest of it isn't good for much else than chipping, shaving, or erosion control.

Last edited:
   / PINE logs anyone? #100  
Wood-Mizer has a page on their website where people with portable sawmills for hire are listed. Choose the state where you live and it will show everybody who offers a portable sawmill service. Here is their link: Find a Local Sawyer | Wood-Mizer USA
I found an excellent sawyer through that source. A real wizard.