Pole barn build now or wait?

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #81  
Yesterday I finally received the correct metal panels along with the overhang materials and bracing lumber that Menards dropped the ball on but after sorting through it I noticed the roof panels were hit with a forklift on the top lap of some of them.
View attachment 717800View attachment 717801
If I straighten and use them it would stand out and I’ll have to live with the way it looks. It doesn’t have to be prefect but I paid for new not damaged material.

That has to be a massive disappointment. Are you going to have them replace the damaged pieces?

/ Pole barn build now or wait?
I think I will, also I noticed they never sent any trim nails or screws. :mad::mad::mad:
They never return calls and have very many excuses, I think they just want to wear a person down as to the point of telling them to "get lost I'll take care of it myself".

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #83  
I've found I got more done by driving to the store at Menards.

/ Pole barn build now or wait? #84  
Drive to the store. Make it clear that what was delivered was not what you ordered (e.g. Bent panels, fasteners, etc.), and just make it clear that you know they are a good company and expect them to make it right. Bring photos.

I have had a couple of times where a vendor just wasn't doing the right thing and was pushing back on replacing a defective item, and after more than a few rounds, I just said "It will be on the street (or loading dock) tomorrow. I suggest that you pick it up promptly, but it isn't my problem." I never had a vendor put it to the test, and every single time the vendor replaced the defective / wrong item.

Good luck!

Peter

/ Pole barn build now or wait?
I picked out the panels I could straighten and live with so the install started back up.
IMG_1733.JPG
IMG_1732.JPG