Pole barn, what size?

/ Pole barn, what size? #21  
Mine is 30x40 with 12x12 doors at each end, so the summer breeze can blow through when I am in there working on something.

Note the skylight panels on the side wall, They sure let in a lot of light. All of my power tools, work bench and hydraulic press are on castors, so I can store them out of the way.

It also has a shed on one side, with a gravel floor.

It cost 15K including concrete, it was built buy a local guy in November of 2011.

PB180138.JPG

PB230149.JPG

PB280159.JPG

It didn't take long to fill it up. :mad:

P5280057.JPG

P5280061.JPG

/ Pole barn, what size?
Could you share the material list?
I went back and looked for it, but apparently my email ate it or something...
I'll get another quote.

/ Pole barn, what size? #23  
Nice barn, check out the reflection from the tree.

/ Pole barn, what size? #24  
Mine is 30x40 with 12x12 doors at each end, so the summer breeze can blow through when I am in there working on something.

Note the skylight panels on the side wall, They sure let in a lot of light. All of my power tools, work bench and hydraulic press are on castors, so I can store them out of the way.

It also has a shed on one side, with a gravel floor.

It cost 15K including concrete, it was built buy a local guy in November of 2011.

View attachment 475917

View attachment 475918

View attachment 475919

It didn't take long to fill it up. :mad:

View attachment 475920

View attachment 475921
Filled up? Look at all that room in the rafters...

/ Pole barn, what size? #25  
If you are money limited, the suggestion to plan to be able to add on later is good. However, I would definitely go wider than 24. Mine is 40 wide and I can't imagine going much smaller.

/ Pole barn, what size? #26  
Filled up? Look at all that room in the rafters...
Yep, I considered that, but decided they weren't designed for the extra weight. :thumbdown:

P9300015.JPG

I have a pallet rack on one side and a rolling ladder for access.

PC160022.JPG

PC220038.JPG

PC220043.JPG

Added an extension to reach the center lights.

PC160005.JPG

/ Pole barn, what size? #27  
Mine is 36x48 12 foot eves. I went 12 foot so i could build a loft for extra storage on one end. Once I knew what height I wanted I got the biggest shop I could for my budget

Rust

/ Pole barn, what size? #28  
I built 30x48' 12' high for around $10k, without doors and concrete. , then added 3 garage doors two 10x10 and one 10x8.

/ Pole barn, what size? #29  
I have a 32*32 with ten foot shed roof. 12 foot walls. Also 24*24 attached to house. Filled to the brim. .Build as big as you can.

/ Pole barn, what size? #30  
Hi everyone, Interesting topic. I also browse the mapletrader forum. I once asked "what size sugar shack I should build" and was given a "maple saying" for building scale, and I think its applicable here. "what ever size you think you need, Dubble it! This way, you'll only have to add on once"