Pole Chainsaws

/ Pole Chainsaws #81  
What model?
And what does

mean?
Is the length of the saw a full 16' or does that include the nominal 5' height they crank in to their advertising calculations?

My cheap HF Lynx lets me reach about 16', when I'm standing on my Kubota M4700. But it's only about 8' long.

But my Echo PPT 280 with 4' extension has a full length of 17' and let's me trim branches about 22' up.
Not sure of the model as it's currently 400 miles away. Most expensive one they had a few years back. The point of the post was the weight of the saw. "I think" it's 16' means I'm not exactly sure how far it extends. The beauty of standing on your Kubota is you don't need a pole saw.

/ Pole Chainsaws #83  
I use the pole saw for the overhanging branches. Would not want to be on the tractor when these come down and no where to go but at me or my ride.

/ Pole Chainsaws #84  
I use the pole saw for the overhanging branches. Would not want to be on the tractor when these come down and no where to go but at me or my ride.
Most of the branches I trim when I'm on the tractor are 2" diameter or thereabouts. I drive up so I'm below them, stop, park, stand up, trim. Sometimes I'm able to cut them off such that they fall in the FEL. Usually have to get down and manhandle them.
And my ride is a M4700 utility tractor I bought used with a moderately rough exterior. So as long as nothing hits the body real hard no dents or scratches.

/ Pole Chainsaws #86  
SIL bought a DeWalt electric pole saw.
Most impressive, comes with sections that can be added but starts off , like 4 ft long and can reach , I think, 12 ft with added sections.
Nice angle to it and c/w oil reservoir.
Battery is at bottom end helping balance.
He has the large batteries from his DeWald collection.

Got me thinking!

/ Pole Chainsaws #87  
SIL bought a DeWalt electric pole saw.
Most impressive, comes with sections that can be added but starts off , like 4 ft long and can reach , I think, 12 ft with added sections.
Nice angle to it and c/w oil reservoir.
Battery is at bottom end helping balance.
He has the large batteries from his DeWald collection.

Got me thinking!
Plus if you just have just little trimming to do you can use a small AH (much lighter) battery.

/ Pole Chainsaws #89  
How many tanks of fuel have you passed through it?
I'd say about 10 tanks? I do only use ethanol free fuel though. I go thru my trail and along my yard edge at least twice a year to keep limbs back. And have done stuff at my parents a few times. Minus the one time it got pinched and just hung there in a branch, I can't say I've had any issues at all. Easy to take apart and transport also.