Pole Chainsaws

/ Pole Chainsaws #1  

happysawer

Silver Member
Tractor
starting to look a them
Anyone using a Pole Chainsaw electric of Gas? If so are worth using.

/ Pole Chainsaws #3  
I have a 10 year old Poulan electric pole saw that wore out and has trouble spinning the chain under load. It was cheap and cut well for anything within extension cord reach, but the actual chain drive wasn’t designed for longevity. Not sure yet if I want to try ordering replacement parts or throw it away and try something different.

I had a chance to try one of the silky brand manual pole saws and was surprised by how well it cut. It had better reach and took way fewer strokes than expected. Now I am kinda watching for a deal to come along on one these instead of trying to fix the electric one.. [/http://www.silkysaws.com/S... a lot of branches around the house and yard.

/ Pole Chainsaws
I have a 10 year old Poulan electric pole saw that wore out and has trouble spinning the chain under load. It was cheap and cut well for anything within extension cord reach, but the actual chain drive wasn’t designed for longevity. Not sure yet if I want to try ordering replacement parts or throw it away and try something different.

I had a chance to try one of the silky brand manual pole saws and was surprised by how well it cut. It had better reach and took way fewer strokes than expected. Now I am kinda watching for a deal to come along on one these instead of trying to fix the electric one.. [/http://www.silkysaws.com/S...ence.[ATTACH=CONFIG]675232._xfImport[/ATTACH]

/ Pole Chainsaws #5  
I own a Stihl pole saw, that kind that you can extend and it’s gas powered. It works well and has a really good reach. When it is extended out it is a real back breaker, when shortened it is not that bad. I can only use it about 45 minutes and I am wore out.

/ Pole Chainsaws #6  
I bought a craftsman brand at Lowes and absolutely love it. It paid for itself the first time I used it and I have used it 20+ times since. If it totally fell apart tomorrow I would buy another one. I also bought the same brand weed eater which uses the same battery so I would have a back up battery for each tool.

20 V 4 AH battery, 14 foot reach. I think I paid about $130 but not sure.

/ Pole Chainsaws #7  
I own a Stihl pole saw, that kind that you can extend and itç—´ gas powered. It works well and has a really good reach. When it is extended out it is a real back breaker, when shortened it is not that bad. I can only use it about 45 minutes and I am wore out.

The weight of these telescoping saws is why we can't advise there use. As you state, they kill ones upper body. The simple and less costly, extended saw system (what are they called?) reduces that very much. I've ran these all day, and I'm not all that strong.

Attachments

• polesaw249.jpg
    polesaw249.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 267
   / Pole Chainsaws #9  
I own a Stihl pole saw, that kind that you can extend and it’s gas powered. It works well and has a really good reach. When it is extended out it is a real back breaker, when shortened it is not that bad. I can only use it about 45 minutes and I am wore out.
i have the same thing, buthave the shoulder/back harness....that helps alot with distribution of weight

/ Pole Chainsaws #10  
I have a Husqvarna gas powered pole saw, I don't use it a lot, but when I need it, it's REALLY handy to have around!

SR