Pond question

/ Pond question
Ok thanks guys. The water in the bag was cold and the pond was a lot warmer so was worried shock may have killed them. I did mix in a little pond water in the bag then let them sit for for minutes before releasing them just has the hatchery recommended. But have not seen one of them since that point.

/ Pond question #32  
Give you some perspective sawtooth. My lake is ten acres. Five of open water - five of cattails. Until my water warms up - I will probably only see bass one out of five times. I sit on the cliffs and look down into the lake about four to five time a week. They are out there - just not swimming past the cliff where I'm sitting. My lake is 80 feet deep down the center - 40 to 45 feet deep right at the cliff/lake interface. The lake stays cold until August. I've jumped off my dock, in previous years, at this time of year. The upper three feet is cold as ice - below the thermocline @ around three feet - it's even colder. I will NEVER do that stupid thing again - ever.

You put 40 grass carp in a 14 acre lake and haven't seen any yet. I have an estimated 500 +/- bass per acre and have only seen ONE so far this spring. They are down in the five acres of cattails where the water is shallow and much warmer. Just no way I can see them down in the cattails.

Keep the faith sawtooth. They are out there. If they were dead - you would see them as floaters and for sure you would smell them by now.