Portable Tractor Camera System

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #31  
What a great solution!!I'm curious - where did you get the "receptacle" for the battery? Is there a DeWalt part number for that? Most of my battery powered tools are Ridgid. I wonder if they have something like that?

I recently discovered that adapters are also available for using one brand battery on another brand tool.

My old cordless tool set is Craftsman 19.2v. I have recently invested in some DeWalt 20v tools and batteries. I bought an adapter that I can use my DeWalt batteries on my Craftsman tools. It's been very handy to have infinite battery power on hand.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #32  
These adapters are usually not available from the battery makers. Most are made by small businesses with 3D printers.

Here is one for the Rigid 18V battery

Red Adapter for Ridgid 18V Hyper li-ion Battery Dock Power Connector Rigid - - Amazon.com View attachment 687510

THANK YOU for the link!! I do appreciate it.

Do you need something to step down the voltage from 18-20 volts from the battery to the 12 volts that the camera is designed for? Or can you just wire it straight to the camera?

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #33  
You would have to look at the camera specs and see if it has a voltage range. Most electronic devices do and most have a very wide range.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System
THANK YOU for the link!! I do appreciate it.

Do you need something to step down the voltage from 18-20 volts from the battery to the 12 volts that the camera is designed for? Or can you just wire it straight to the camera?

The Yakry camera system I have will operate on 12 to 24V. Many other systems do as well but it would be a good idea to check before buying one for portable use.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #35  
This is a great thread. I am getting ready to purchase my camera and noticed that halo view has a built in wireless camera with a built in rechargeable battery and magnet all in one.

HandyCamera | Battery Powered Backup Camera

It’s a bit pricey...but I just wanted to pass this along in case someone else found it helpful.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #36  
This is a great thread. I am getting ready to purchase my camera and noticed that halo view has a built in wireless camera with a built in rechargeable battery and magnet all in one.

HandyCamera | Battery Powered Backup Camera

It痴 a bit pricey...but I just wanted to pass this along in case someone else found it helpful.

The site mentions compatible monitors/screens, however I've not been able to find any. I wonder are they proprietary?

As I posted earlier, my camera acts as a wifi hotspot, with the data hoovered up by an Android app, but of the six Android devices I tried, only one (Samsung S6 phone) functioned as it should - the other five had unacceptable latency at first, followed by a total app freeze within 30 seconds.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #37  
I have a Haloview and I really like it. They didn't have that camera when I bought mine. My camera and battery pack are separate but work great. I find more use with the battery cameras than the regular ones so I will likely be buying a couple of those. Another good thing is the batteries last a really long time and I can recharge them right there in my cab.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #38  
Be careful on the battery receptacles, I came across one that had a circuit board that covered the whole base so drilling holes for mounting would be a challenge. I chose to stay with ones that have mounting holes already in them.

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #39  
This system sell for $350 and comes with a rechargeable camera and a monitor. Handy 7 Wireless Hitch Camera

Here is another smaller, cheaper model that uses a 9 volt battery instead of a rechargeable battery. Wireless Magnetic Battery Operated Portable Car Rear View Reverse Backup Camera 6:(973765 | eBay

How does this compare in cost to buying all the components separately?

I'm assuming you would need to buy:
1. camera
2. monitor
3. battery
4. battery dock to connect to the camera
5. magnet
6. any brackets and hardware needed for mounting.

Did I miss anything?

I would assume buying the components separately would cost less, but how much less?

/ Portable Tractor Camera System #40  
I use neodymium magnets on my wired camera system and move the camera as needed. For $75 is has been a great system. I use IBC totes for firewood and it makes it a snap to get the forks into position, and for moving my 50 gal fuel caddy on and off the pickup. Even handy for attaching SSQA stuff.

I like the wireless battery operated option and may go that route.