Possible bh77 backhoe

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #1  

sebes

Tractor
kubota b9200
I'm thinking of buying a bh77 backhoe for my l2501. My first plan was the dealer. The complete package is 8k plus tax, I install. The salesman told me that I need to expect about a year wait. (Deal breaker) I found a used one about a 5 hour drive away. A 2015 model for $7250. Which I think is too high. I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and my take on the bh77 is that it's a very capable backhoe. If any of you has had experience with a bh77 please give me your opinion on it. Thanks in advance!

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #2  
I have the bh77 on a l2501
It cost me $10k new from the dealer
Overpriced yes absolutely it is
Would I buy it again?
In a heartbeat yes I would
It is very handy for me,
and between the backhoe and the gun collection, it’s an intimidating threat to daughters boyfriends
It is strong enough for most jobs I need it for
Easy to take on and off the tractor.
No extra machine to maintain
No worries about rental places that are 30 miles away or more having something available when I need it.
My only complaint was the cost, but 0% financing for 24 months is nice

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #3  
I had a BH76 on my old L2550. I found it to be quite capable but it did give me some grief digging in the red shale we have around here. I had to use the 12" bucket most of the time.

To be fair, the BH92 I have now on my MX5800 doesn't do much better.

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #4  
I have the bh92 and would not want to be without a backhoe again. I do not use it very often but when I do it certainly saves my back from the job I have in front of me!!

Also like Goose said, no need to look after another entire machine that mostly just sits around and is there when I need it. Worth the price if I consider the pain and suffering of making due without one.

Just my 2 cents..

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #5  
Depends on what you want it for.

$7k will buy a lot of rental hours on a mini ex.

But the bh77 is powerful for it's size. The limitation is the tractors weight. The hoe is more than capable of dragging it around.

It's also on the slow side, as most backhoe attachments are when compared to a mini. But the thing I really don't like is the ergonomics suck. The sticks are between your legs, long throw on them too. Just akward feeling to run it all day

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #6  
A BH on the 2501 with the 4 PT connection and subframe is very capable well matched to the machine - you will have no regrets getting one.

You can find an experienced 4000 + hr mini ex - a 7-8000 lb machine for $15-20K which are awesome but expect some repairs - tracks and such over the next few years. Depends on your planned use, and if you plan to do a lot of trenching and BH work, and you are handy mechanically it's a good option.

The $7K price for the used one isn't great, probably more than the new price in 2015 - if it has minimal use, no leaks and all the subframe parts/bolts etc. are included IMO it's a good deal $6500 range.

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #7  
I have a BH77 on a L3400, I used to have a Ford 4500 TLB. The 77 is much more nimble and surprisingly capable. I would buy again and yes it's 3x slower than a mini at digging but it's faster getting down the road a couple miles, or across a field to fix a broken tile.

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #8  
I have a BH77 on an L3901. I use it more than all the other implements combined and the main reason I bought the tractor in the first place. I also keep it off half the year. And I still say I use it more than even the FEL. I have rented a mini ex before and could not justify the expense of a singular use to buy one. It has paid for itself...well the whole tractor since purchasing it.

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #9  
I have the bh77 on my 3901 if your machine is a hydrostatic do yourself a favor and get the cruise control while you’re getting the backhoe it makes it so much easier to move when digging a ditch just reach around lift the loader and nudge it forward with the cruise with the seat flipped up tue seat switch will tick under the wire and allow you to move without getting off the backhoe

/ Possible bh77 backhoe #10  
I bought a used BH77 with 2 buckets and mechanical thumb for $6,000. I then had to spend another $900 for the sub-frame. I installed the sub-frame and hydraulics myself. This was in 2017, if the price for the used one was with the sub-frame and all the hoses, that really isn't that bad of a deal.